I'm pretty good. My dog is too.
IMG 0468

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might sound dumb, but maybe rocks or other debris in air intake tube and/or air filter enclosure?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
There is really only one way we can help and that is for you to upload a video so that we can hear it! Was thinking possible exhaust leak! Remember PJ had loose clamps between the air filter and intake, it would be worth taking a look.

J

JTW

There is really only one way we can help and that is for you to upload a video so that we can hear it! Was thinking possible exhaust leak! Remember PJ had loose clamps between the air filter and intake, it would be worth taking a look.
I've already checked that... mine was tight dad's was loose! Doesn't really show up in the vids..

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've already checked that... mine was tight dad's was loose! Doesn't really show up in the vids..
Header heat shields? Mine make loud noises when cooling off?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You said like a card in bicycle spokes-- Does the "whirr" get faster as the RPM get faster? I think that would indicate something moving or rotating. It will probably end up being something very simple. But If you're in warranty, I'd sure take it into the dealer and have them listen to it before any bill in on you. I think even if they don't fix the problem, that you have a good case to have them pay in case it is something serious later.

J

JTW

You said like a card in bicycle spokes-- Does the "whirr" get faster as the RPM get faster? I think that would indicate something moving or rotating. It will probably end up being something very simple. But If you're in warranty, I'd sure take it into the dealer and have them listen to it before any bill in on you. I think even if they don't fix the problem, that you have a good case to have them pay in case it is something serious later.
Too late now..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!