Who's still wrenching?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Hoping to get a new driveshaft in today. I'm gonna weld the caps and get it put in before the TO. Sucks because I have warranty on it but I'm not gonna wait till it breaks and ruin a weekend. So I'm buying one now and taking care of it!)

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
No it hasn't gone complete failure yet. The caps seem, on a visual inspection, to be ok. But it is making a descent amount of noise and getting worse compared to my X (which already has the caps welded). Our last trip to Tennessee I had some buds with me again and one of them were driving my R. My buddy said the noise was making him nervous throughout the weekend. I told him to turn the music up and send it!!:D I figure I'll put the new one in before this one does damage to the yokes and put new U-joints in it and weld the caps on that. I'll either keep it as a back up or sell it then. Have you done anything to yours yet?

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Truth detector of the NTC.
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Installing the trail armor skid plate. That truly is the first must have on a new buggy. My stock one was missing pieces here and there. Probably on some trail in royal blue or coalmont.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Installing the trail armor skid plate. That truly is the first must have on a new buggy. My stock one was missing pieces here and there. Probably on some trail in royal blue or coalmont.
You haven't had real skids on this entire time? Even on the first MoM ride?

C

coleman4868

Could of been mine. It was beat pretty good, even some of the fasteners were fubar.
I’ve seen them on trails in Tn and Ky, and some were outlaw trails. I’ve also seen a lot of fender flares and an assortment of different body parts for sxs and trucks. It’s very possible I’ve seen some of your parts along the way.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Reinforcements
0CB3DCA1 0588 4551 8677 D2FF91674347

advertisement
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nope, I have never had real skid plates on it.
Wow.........that's a tough bítch!!! I thought you had skids after all the times I winched you off them whoops you kept slamming down on during the M.O.M ride......:oops:😬😖 my bones hurt every time I saw that talon come down on them 😂😂 I guess it's well built!!😂👍

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Washed the heck out of the air filter with dish soap and Simple Green yesterday, it was still super dirty. Picked up a bottle of PURPLE POWER!!!!! EXTREEEEEMMMEE POWAH!!!!!!!! (I'm not sure how many exclamation marks are in the name...)
Sprayed it down, let it sit 10 minutes, dipped it into the water and all the gunk just drained right off. That stuff is great.
PXL 20220602 015048581MP

Re-install that tomorrow after it dries, get the spare tire mounted onto the trailer....
Probably not enuf time to install the snorkel just yet.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wrenching. My brother hit a tree last Saturday and pulled one of the lower frame tabs off. 3 new axles, a new control arm, a new battery, 1 lower ball joint, 1 wheel bearing, replacing the mud busters and lights I've ripped off this year. I attempted to do the spal fan upgrade and the bastard flew apart when it started the first time so now I've got to put the old fan back in. I'm sure I'll be working on it on the trailer when I get down there.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!