Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well Captin jacka and I are loaded and ready to pull up in the a.m.
20240524 195931

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Putting the finishing touches on the 500LT (long travel) today, and hopefully scout my winch issue a bit. Which should square me away for departure Tuesday morning.

However :rolleyes: we've been invited on a ride tomorrow that a local guy and his extended family and friends take every year on Memorial Day. Some of their home place area I think. A piece of Redbird Crest and some Leslie County, I believe.
I have a saying: When you get a chance to ride with a local, ride with a local!

Taking Critter on this one. KG, are you in? :)

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All you wrench monkeys, I know you're eager to get to Takeover. Please double check your work, have seen many occasions of loose to missing nuts, ergo bolts come out on the following: A-arms both mount and camber adjust nuts, shock mount points, wheel lug nuts. Make sure your brake lines and wiring is properly routed and in no pinch point. This can save you from having avoidable issues 30 miles from BFE and affecting the entire group. A simple double, triple check saves a lot of potential grief.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
All you wrench monkeys, I know you're eager to get to Takeover. Please double check your work, have seen many occasions of loose to missing nuts, ergo bolts come out on the following: A-arms both mount and camber adjust nuts, shock mount points, wheel lug nuts. Make sure your brake lines and wiring is properly routed and in no pinch point. This can save you from having avoidable issues 30 miles from BFE and affecting the entire group. A simple double, triple check saves a lot of potential grief.
🤣

I legitimately think to myself as I'm working on it that I really should double check everything because Jackal is going to bust my chops if this s*** comes loose on the trail.

advertisement
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
You must have taken a page out of Can Ams book….they freaking put lock tight on every nut and bolt no matter what it is attached to….and they use a poop ton of it. Breaking more crap trying to put parts on than I have on the trails!!😂
I had an A arm bolt back out one time sooo I need reassurance lol !

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
This is great advice and will make the days easier….but I somewhat have to disagree because if we all had our stuff fixed right when we came, then what the hell would we all talk about and who would we make fun of at night or on this forum. I mean @TripleB has been doing trail fixes for the last who knows how many years. If he didn’t do that then all he’s got is cool hair.😁 And then there is @Adam490….well I don’t have enough time to go into his crap!!😂😂 but Like for example a month ago @Hondasxs had his ball joint bolt come off during our ride. That alone allowed me to have a great father son discussion that went like this…see Richard show up for a ride, see Richard forget to look over his ride, see Richard broke on the trail with a hole in his front diff, don’t be a Richard!! That lesson was priceless!😜🤣🤣 And then we had an entire thread about it. This site was not built on responsible adults being prepared and avoiding the worse, it was built on dumbass drunks destroying things no responsible adult would do!!!😂🤣😜

Thanks for the reminder @JACKAL , as I did just go out and check all my stuff so I wouldn’t be that guy!!😎 LOL

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
This is great advice and will make the days easier….but I somewhat have to disagree because if we all had our stuff fixed right when we came, then what the hell would we all talk about and who would we make fun of at night or on this forum. I mean @TripleB has been doing trail fixes for the last who knows how many years. If he didn’t do that then all he’s got is cool hair.😁 And then there is @Adam490….well I don’t have enough time to go into his crap!!😂😂 but Like for example a month ago @Hondasxs had his ball joint bolt come off during our ride. That alone allowed me to have a great father son discussion that went like this…see Richard show up for a ride, see Richard forget to look over his ride, see Richard broke on the trail with a hole in his front diff, don’t be a Richard!! That lesson was priceless!😜🤣🤣 And then we had an entire thread about it. This site was not built on responsible adults being prepared and avoiding the worse, it was built on dumbass drunks destroying things no responsible adult would do!!!😂🤣😜

Thanks for the reminder @JACKAL , as I did just go out and check all my stuff so I wouldn’t be that guy!!😎 LOL
And yet you still might be that guy….

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!