Why No Cooling Fan

• Thread starter Pioneeringfamily
  • Start date
P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I am used to liquid cooled engines having a fan on the radiator to ensure air movement at slow speeds. I have noticed the Pioneer does not have a fan. This is the first Honda I have owned in a while so I don't know how hot Honda engines tend to run. I guess what I am asking all to guys who have owned Hondas for a while, is do you have problems on slow trail riding in the summer or do the other machines have fans on them ?

admin

admin

Your club! I just turn it on!
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 7, 2013
Pioneeringfamily said:
I am used to liquid cooled engines having a fan on the radiator to ensure air movement at slow speeds. I have noticed the Pioneer does not have a fan. This is the first Honda I have owned in a while so I don't know how hot Honda engines tend to run. I guess what I am asking all to guys who have owned Hondas for a while, is do you have problems on slow trail riding in the summer or do the other machines have fans on them ?
You sure... Did you see this first hand?
Here is a picture but you can not see the actual fan. I assume there is a fan inside the shroud.
[album]394[/album]

The parts fish shows it too. -->http://honda.mshondapowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=3991538&category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=2014&fveh=178379

One of the lucky Pioneer owners will let us know soon.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Went out to the garage to check mine..........Yes, you are correct, there is a fan inside the shroud.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
I have only put my hands on a 2 and I did not look for a fan. The information I am going by are the spec sheets I have found on the net at . This is not the only place I have seen this just the one I could get to the quickest. http://atvs.findthebest.com/compare/736 ... neer-700-4

However it does look like a fan in that pic. The good news is if it doesn't have one it shouldn't be to hard to add.

P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
Thanks BigRiver , I feel much better....

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
And the fan works well. We did all the toughest hill climbs at brown mountain on Saturday and running slow trails it cycles on and off and keeps temp nice and cool according to the gauge.

M

motorman587

Sep 12, 2013
There is fan, and you hear it come on.........

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!