P700 No spark

L

Ldthompson

Oct 24, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi I’m new to the forum and glad to get all the insight and tips from everyone and I hope y’all have some for me on this matter. I have a 2018 Honda pioneer 700-4 and it quit running on me. Well first off it died and even with the key off the display stayed on. Got a ignition switch and fixed that problem. But still won’t start. It will crank fine. I have power at one of the wires on the back of the coil once the key is on so I knew the other side should be a ground trigger. I Hooke my test light to the positive post on the battery and the other end in the ground trigger wire at the back of the coil and unfortunately there is no trigger coming through the wire. Can any of y’all help me? Where does the wire go to? What could cause this? A bad ground somewhere? Does this wire go through a plug that could have bad connection? I knew the trigger initially comes from the ecm. Could it be bad? Is there a ignition interlock of some sort on this machine? And all fuses are good

L

Ldthompson

Oct 24, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are you showing Neutral on the dash or is just --?
It is showing neutral. Got an ignition switch and it fixed the display staying on. The engine does crank but no start. I have figured out why the engine doesn’t start but I’m not sure what’s causing it. On the back of the coil once the key is on I have power like I’m supposed but on the ground trigger wire I’m not getting a trigger. I hooked my test light to the the positive side of the battery and the end of the test light in the ground wire. Cranked the engine and no trigger.

H

HondaTech

Id probably start with a pulse generator check first. See if its being told to fire.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!