P700 Inconsistent Spark and No Start

Dashtrash

Dashtrash

Jan 1, 2021
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4
Our 700-4 is having issues starting. It has a new battery and plug. Compresssion is 90psi and it’s getting fuel. When I pull the spark plug and watch the spark it’s very intermittent. I’ve heard this may be linked to the ignition switch but can’t find anyone who has had a similar issue. Sometimes while holding the switch to start my screen rests. Any advice on where to go from here?

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Our 700-4 is having issues starting. It has a new battery and plug. Compresssion is 90psi and it’s getting fuel. When I pull the spark plug and watch the spark it’s very intermittent. I’ve heard this may be linked to the ignition switch but can’t find anyone who has had a similar issue. Sometimes while holding the switch to start my screen rests. Any advice on where to go from here?
Maybe jump the switch. Another member just had a similar issue and replaced the stator after pulling it and seeing it burnt up. He had the Same symptoms of weak spark. 😉

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!