ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats funny...

Honda has been VERY strict about the "...avoid water deeper than 10 inches..." in the owners manual. If they have found evidence of the vehicle being in deep water or mud they have denied warranties. BUT it does state very clearly in the owners manual that that mud and creek cruising is NOT the intended use.

Bogging and creek cruising is not my thing, If had to go through a mud hole or two but I tend to avoid them. There are a few guys I ride with that choose the deepest muddiest route and but they heavily clean and maintain their machines and have not had an issue out of the couple of times they had to I know one had a issue a while back and Honda either didn't catch the evidence of mud or the dealer chose to ignore it.

All that to show what I am basing my "scientific wild ass assumption" of "Honda is most definitely NOT making a Mud Edition" on.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It'd be nice to see a mud edition talon. With some low gearing and snorkel ect.
Personally, I'd be surprised if Honda ever offered something like that. Build a solid base platform and let the aftermarket do what it does with them. If you can buy a stock one with a 4" lift someone is going to build and sell a 6" lift. Sell it with 34's and someone is going to put 36's on it. Sort of the nature of the beast. Just one man's opinion of course.

Reactions: Isaiah and BigOL3
Amonzo

Amonzo

May 7, 2018
Todd county, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats funny...

Honda has been VERY strict about the "...avoid water deeper than 10 inches..." in the owners manual. If they have found evidence of the vehicle being in deep water or mud they have denied warranties. BUT it does state very clearly in the owners manual that that mud and creek cruising is NOT the intended use.

Bogging and creek cruising is not my thing, If had to go through a mud hole or two but I tend to avoid them. There are a few guys I ride with that choose the deepest muddiest route and but they heavily clean and maintain their machines and have not had an issue out of the couple of times they had to I know one had a issue a while back and Honda either didn't catch the evidence of mud or the dealer chose to ignore it.

All that to show what I am basing my "scientific wild ass assumption" of "Honda is most definitely NOT making a Mud Edition" on.
Yeah, not much on creek crossing or water holes. But a mud hole is ok. I try to avoid water higher than the top of my 30s.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
My $0.02...

Honda knows their brand sells due to reliability; I know it's why I bought my Rubicon and my Pioneer. Adding the big tires, snorkel, etc all detracts from that reliability and is why you'll never see an official "Mud Edition" Honda. I know there are dealers that make "Mud", "Trail", etc "editions" by adding accessories and slapping some vinyl stickers on there. I know when I was pricing my Rubicon a couple years and looking around at the various dealerships, every one of them had "Mud Ready" Rubicons with lifts, snorkels, wheels, 30" tires, sound bar, winch, etc. for about $5k more than the stock bike. If you want a Honda mud machine, just buy the stuff and build it yourself or pay the markup for the dealership to do it for you. Pretty sure none of them will warranty that stuff either.

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
look up Honda of Russellville they do a HR MUD PRO version.
This is where I bought my 700 from. They do make some slick packages like this one

Capture

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It'd be nice to see a mud edition talon. With some low gearing and snorkel ect.
Go to honda of russellville Arkansas they build a lot of mud machines

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you think you want to run a talon in deep water or mud, pull out the drivers seat and look what's under the rubber flap. If that don't scare you straight, I'd be surprised.

RSMark5

RSMark5

May 10, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you think you want to run a talon in deep water or mud, pull out the drivers seat and look what's under the rubber flap. If that don't scare you straight, I'd be surprised.

I don't have a talon. Whats under there?

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Lots of serious looking electrical components that are not friendly with water and could cause a cocktail of problems.
That is true, but if Honda is selling a UTV without a windshield you would like to think the electrical under seat is waterproof. Not possible to ride in rain and not have water coming in. If those components were meant to avoid water there would be a better place to put them then under the seat.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is true, but if Honda is selling a UTV without a windshield you would like to think the electrical under seat is waterproof. Not possible to ride in rain and not have water coming in. If those components were meant to avoid water there would be a better place to put them then under the seat.
Being rained on is much differently than being submerged....

O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Being rained on is much differently than being submerged....
I think washing the machine would be more water in that area than riding in the rain especially if you don't have lower doors installed because that is right where the mud goes is under the seat.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think washing the machine would be more water in that area than riding in the rain especially if you don't have lower doors installed because that is right where the mud goes is under the seat.

Yeah washing or raining should be fine...I was insinuating the guys that think a SxS is a submarine...

Water depth creates pressure and water will force its way in. Doesn’t take much depth at all because water is so dense.

Reactions: JimmyTalon
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!