JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just an update.

NOW Warn states this mount

Will accept the VRX 45S and the Axon 45 on the 2020 Pioneer.

Not sure what changed, as before they said only the VRX world fit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I used this mount for my Axon 55.
Had to cut parts of the bumper to clear the ends of the winch and slot the holes for the hawse and move it down to make it work.
2e9716b7db6da3641202344ba2423f68
Not the greatest pic but you should be able to see the corner I cut out of the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I’m not sure enough to say, i think it could be done but you’d have to drill new holes to mount the winch in that position.
Nah, no need to.

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I installed the viper elite and I’m pretty happy with it so far. My free spool knob is on the drivers side.

Viper Elite 4500 Winch Install

That’s interesting. I have a 2018 P700-4. I bought the Viper Elite Widespool 4500 and the mount I bought with it, requires the winch to be upside down and the freespool on the passenger side????

Go figure!!!!
But.... it works great!!!

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I had it all planned out, HF has their new 5k winch on sale and I was going to buy the EMP mount from a member on here. I just called EMP again to ask a few more questions and I was told their mounts are only rated to 4k lbs. I didn't read this on their site it just came up in conversation. Back to square one!!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I had it all planned out, HF has their new 5k winch on sale and I was going to buy the EMP mount from a member on here. I just called EMP again to ask a few more questions and I was told their mounts are only rated to 4k lbs. I didn't read this on their site it just came up in conversation. Back to square one!!

Take a look at the Warn winch mount

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did, mounts the winch upside down. Im thinking ill just buy a new front bumper. I like that Tough Country but it seems they are out of stock at the moment.

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will a widespool 5k or 6k fit on a tough country bumper?

Last edited:
Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you! It looks like the dimensions are the same on all of them so I should be good to go. Side by Side Stuff is showing the bumper out of stock so im guessing that will be the case everywhere. I'll get the winch on order and wait for the bumper.

Reactions: Biteme and TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you! It looks like the dimensions are the same on all of them so I should be good to go. Side by Side Stuff is showing the bumper out of stock so im guessing that will be the case everywhere. I'll get the winch on order and wait for the bumper.
My bumber was on backorder for about 6 weeks. That was 2 or 3 months ago. I have the slasher bumper on my 5 seater and the tough country bumper is way better built and looks better also. IMO

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks like Tough Country makes ATV bumpers for Pioneer 1000: 2016-2017(from their web site). So they do not make Honda bumpters for Talons or other models of Pioneer?

E

Ethan

Sep 20, 2018
Tucson
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I got the viper elite 4500 wide spool winch and a Kfi Mount. I’m reading that this Mount isn’t the best position for the Pioneer 1000. Should I get the warn Mount? Will it work with the Viper? Thanks

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not used the factory Honda mount. I have used the Warn mount at it fits well and makes the winch fairly easy to reach despite being upside down.

By comparison I previously had the KFI mount and I struggled to keep the bolts tight after hard winch pulls and the cable angle is poor. The winch was tough to free spool.

I currently have the Warn winch bumper and this makes winching easy and the mounts are nice and line up well with the frame

My last front bumper was an RD front bumper and the fit to the stock mounts was poor, the upper mounts were flimsy and the bumper wasn't a great fit to the machine. I smashed the front skid plate on it the first time out and tweaked the mounting brackets. I ended up making my own mounts and modifying the bumper a lot to make it less flimsy. In the end it was much improved but not worth the cost

How is the rope angle with that warn mount. I have the KFI and it is aweful for rope angle. I've seen pics of the slight rope angle with the EMP mount but couldn't find pics of rope angle with the warn mount..

Tldrigg

Tldrigg

Aug 4, 2017
Reno
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is what I went with. No problems and everything just bolted on.

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is what I went with. No problems and everything just bolted on.

I have the warn vrx45 with the same KFI mount from your link. Install was simple but the rope angle coming off the bottom of the winch with that mount can't be less than 25-30 degrees...

The other thing I don't like about that KFI mount is I get a pile of cocaburs and other stuff piled up right at the base of the winch. When I pull with the winch that crap then gets rolled in with the rope. If I had a cable maybe it wouldn't bother me so much but I feel like it is hard on the syn rope

Reactions: Tldrigg
E

Ethan

Sep 20, 2018
Tucson
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I never installed my KFI mount and instead got the warn mount and it was very easy to mount to the bumper then the frame with the viper elite 4500 synthetic winch, but it does get mounted upside down. So far no problems and it has a little angle when spooling.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!