Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
holy s***. 12k?. you trying to pull a rzr in 2 arent ya?. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought.

I have one on my Aluminum car trailer and I have to be careful with the thing as it will flex the bed of the trailer if I drag a heavy dead load on my trailer. It would destroy my P1000 frame.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a HF 5000 lb winch on a KFI mount with some 5K synthetic rope I found on eBay. Mainly for plow operation right now. Got a extra if needed.

Reactions: rtn001
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
That’s what I thought.

I have one on my Aluminum car trailer and I have to be careful with the thing as it will flex the bed of the trailer if I drag a heavy dead load on my trailer. It would destroy my P1000 frame.
i think youd be alright pulling yourself out with 12k but dam sure dont anchor yourself to a tree pulling someone else out. although bet it drag the p1k5 across the top of the ground with ease with all 4 tires locked up

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have a KFI Stealth 4500 w/ synthetic rope on my 2016 P1K5. No Problems yet 4 years old.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I have a KFI Stealth 4500 running synthetic rope, the rope last for three years before it got rotten enough I started breaking it.

Replaced it with a ARE spider rope great looking rope rated at 8,600 pounds love the feel of it 3 year warranty what a bunch of crap!!!!!
First time out I tore it sent then a email nothing, left them a voice mail nothing so one day when I was driving I called them every fifteen minutes until I got a hold of someone had a great conversation with him he said that my roller lead broke my rope and voided my warranty but he would honor it anyway if I sent him pictures, sent him pictures never heard or seen anything from him sent him emails no reply, so I just moved on not worth the hassle.
I bought a X Bull rope this time will see how it lasts.

Reactions: Buggyman and rtn001
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Warn 3200 lb. winch, wire cable. with a KFI winch plate. On a Pioneer 500. I guess I am old fashioned but I prefer wire to rope.

Reactions: Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a KFI Stealth 4500 running synthetic rope, the rope last for three years before it got rotten enough I started breaking it.

Replaced it with a ARE spider rope great looking rope rated at 8,600 pounds love the feel of it 3 year warranty what a bunch of crap!!!!!
First time out I tore it sent then a email nothing, left them a voice mail nothing so one day when I was driving I called them every fifteen minutes until I got a hold of someone had a great conversation with him he said that my roller lead broke my rope and voided my warranty but he would honor it anyway if I sent him pictures, sent him pictures never heard or seen anything from him sent him emails no reply, so I just moved on not worth the hassle.
I bought a X Bull rope this time will see how it lasts.
sorry to hear about your experience with rope when I converted mine to the dyneema synthetic rope they told me when using rope u have to remove roller fairlead and install the hawse or it will damage rope.:(

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Warn 3200 lb. winch, wire cable. with a KFI winch plate. On a Pioneer 500. I guess I am old fashioned but I prefer wire to rope.
I understand old school, mine was kinked when I got it so i knew it would break sooner or later I went with rope as it is much safer easier to handle and stronger than steel jus my 2 cents worth. not poking the old men lol:):)

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I understand old school, mine was kinked when I got it so i knew it would break sooner or later I went with rope as it is much safer easier to handle and stronger than steel jus my 2 cents worth. not poking the old men lol:):)
My son went with synthetic rope. I'll see how it works out and may change when the time comes. I have another version of the old men saying but this is a family site. Lol

Reactions: Buggyman and JTW
J

JTW

So I replaced both of my winches p500 and PK5 with synthetic and had the two cables hanging around. Well, the dog got to wondering so I used one of the cables for the leash, so he’d have a nice big area. Within a couple months he broke one. I fixed it and then it happed again. Fixed it again... after the 3rd time I replaced it with the other spare. In the mean time I replaced the old synthetic line on my winch. All of this over a 6 month span. It wasn’t long after that he broke the second cable. That’s when I said f*** it and used my old beat up synthetic rope. It’s been 2 years now and it’s still holding strong. I won’t say cable doesn’t have its place... but I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the synthetic. I won’t have another winch without it!

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My favorite. Sorry I just had to do it.Lol
Screenshot 20200113 181856 Facebook

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!