P1000 Windrock ride

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took my son for a short ride yesterday. Basically trail 22 then worked our way to Top Of Windrock to watch the sunset. Then did a little night wheeling to try out the new lights. Had a blast!
I did put it on it side at the enyrance to trail 4 of all places. Drove it on out though and no harm.

I do want to install the 2 inch lift and skidplates. Next set of tires will be hopefully something with a little more grip on the rocks.

This is him driving for the first time on trail 22.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much experience with ATV stuff. Wondering if a little less lug interruption would help on wet rocks.

I know on my crawler there is a point where too much lug spacing hurts traction. Always a trade off here on the east coast between mud and rocks.

Reactions: Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sipes and compound, too soft and it’ll chunk.

@snuffnwhisky has the superglue tires I want to say they were maybe double what a Blackwater Evo is per tire.

They are incredibly sticky though.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder how much stuff he has broke with the stickies? Drive train holding up well?
Years ago before their we're competition sticky offroad tires, a buddy had a set of BFG Mud terrains that he had siped.

They were awesome in Tellico. I siped a set of 38" TSLs that served me very well in the early years.
Then along came the BFG sticky Krawlers and Maxxis stickies.

I swore I would not turn the Pioneer into a hardcore buggy. That I would just use my rock Crawler for that.

I feel it is too late. Feels like I am running a fever....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder how much stuff he has broke with the stickies? Drive train holding up well?
Years ago before their we're competition sticky offroad tires, a buddy had a set of BFG Mud terrains that he had siped.

They were awesome in Tellico. I siped a set of 38" TSLs that served me very well in the early years.
Then along came the BFG sticky Krawlers and Maxxis stickies.

I swore I would not turn the Pioneer into a hardcore buggy. That I would just use my rock Crawler for that.

I feel it is too late. Feels like I am running a fever....

There are people that break axels with the machine stock. There are others that haven’t broken them with 30’s and lots of mods. I am going out on a limb here (fairly thick one) and say that the driver has a large contribution to the longevity of the axles.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I love trail 22, has a little bit of everything. May make a trip Saturday to windrock. Havent been in 4 or 5 weeks.

Reactions: Plumber32
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I swapped axles when I put the stickys on. One side All Ball's the other Rhino. I broke the front All Balls first trip out I guess. I didn't even know it was broke till another ride trying to climb a waterfall in a creek. Put a Rhino in there and no problems since. No steering stops either with an IGR.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love trail 22, has a little bit of everything. May make a trip Saturday to windrock. Havent been in 4 or 5 weeks.
It used to be a warm up connector to the left side of the park. Has 3 spots now that you cant just blast through. The ledges in the video, and a couple rocky sections. If that berm on the left of the ledges gets pushed away, they are going to be very challenging! It was almost gone yesterday.
I beleive the first time i went to Windrock was early 2000. We used to run Rattle Rock and Atomic ridge. We still run Rattle Rock, but have not been to Atomic Ridge in years.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Top of Windrock last night.

Escalator last fall

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!