P1000 Windshield Fogging Up

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anybody been able too come up with a solution for the windshield fogging up? Don't have the heater kit, so I have no air too blow on my windshield to keep it from fogging up while riding. Installed a shifter boot on the gear selector, but it didn't make much of a difference as far as windshield fog. Any suggestions would be helpful

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Has anybody been able too come up with a solution for the windshield fogging up? Don't have the heater kit, so I have no air too blow on my windshield to keep it from fogging up while riding. Installed a shifter boot on the gear selector, but it didn't make much of a difference as far as windshield fog. Any suggestions would be helpful

As you know, there is a fine line between the level of moisture, fogging, etc., on a windshield, so I don't know if this will help, but a relatively cheap experiment would be a small 12 volt, plug fan,

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
12v can is what I'm thinking of trying. Road all day in the rain Saturday and found out if I open the glove box, the small hole that the twist lock twists in let's a fair amount of air circulate inside the cab and noticeably made a difference on the passenger side. I have a 2" diameter aluminum pipe left off my pellet stove inlet air, now, if I could figure out a way to grab that outside air while moving....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
12v can is what I'm thinking of trying. Road all day in the rain Saturday and found out if I open the glove box, the small hole that the twist lock twists in let's a fair amount of air circulate inside the cab and noticeably made a difference on the passenger side. I have a 2" diameter aluminum pipe left off my pellet stove inlet air, now, if I could figure out a way to grab that outside air while moving....

12v fan/heater helps slightly, it keeps the steam from staying on the glass long enough to condensate there and a lot will evaporate back into the air

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!