P1000 Windshield protection while hauling

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Looks awesome! Does this still allow the bed to tilt?
Yes the bed still tips with the canopy on.. The top of the canopy roof sits lower then the back of the roof by about 3/4" more or less . It's a very fine line in order for the canopy to clear the Hondas roof plus when closed it seals to the back window. Took me a little figuring to get it just right.

Reactions: Lady01
Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes they are road signs ! And yes that's a honda windshield

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I think the new Honda windows are totally different with the glass being much bigger. I don’t have the wide areas you do to drill/install those.

Reactions: Lady01
radams1304

radams1304

Jun 18, 2021
United Statss
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been hauling my machines for going on different rides for the last 10 years. I've always used a rubberized tarp to cover the windshield to protect it from stones etc: Got back from a ride Saturday 1 1/2 Hr hwy haul each way and when I took my cover off this is what I found. No idea what hit it but it destroyed the windshield. So my question to others what do you use to protect your windshields on your Pioneer 1000 while hauling.
I'm thinking of loading and placing it on the trailer backwards after this happening. I have a canopy on the back on the Pioneer that has lexan for the windows, and it blocks most of the wind from affecting the roof, being blown off. I've also used some rubber straps on each corner of the roof back. Anyone have any issues with hauling there machines backed onto the trailer ??? Thanks for any feedback.

View attachment 297298 View attachment 297300
I bought a rubber Matt from tractor supply. They are typically used for horse stalls. They are about 5x5 in feet. I just cut it to size and strap it to the front using a ratchet strap. It may not be the best looking going down the road but way cheaper than buying a new windshield.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!