P1000 Windshield search

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Considering windshield options for my new Pioneer. I see lots of opinions on different products, and probably couldn’t go wrong with any of the popular choices.
Here’s what I want;
1) Glass. I have nothing against poly, but I want a good fit to the roof I’ll get one day, and the soft upper doors that will come afterward. Seems like the framed glass windshields seal up better.
2) Ventilation. I’m going to need it when summer comes.
3) I want to be able to open the hood without disassembling the windshield.

So far I’ve found the Dirt Warrior windshield with bottom vents that flip up. Seems like it checks all the boxes.

A quick search here produced no hits. Can anybody provide feedback on it, or offer an alternative?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A quick search here produced no hits.
Need to do a long search! 😂
Windshied threads of pretty much all types and brands have been made at nausea 🥳 much like tires.
If that one ain't in there, then it hasn't been installed by anyone here yet lol

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I’ve read about windshields… ad nauseum. Lots of quality products available.
Not one post about the Dirt Warrior brand, so maybe nobody here has installed one.
Judging from the pictures I’ve been able to find, most framed glass windshields rest on the upper part of the hood. I’m not sure how I could phrase a search to find one that doesn’t.
So the question remains, are there any other windshields that meet the criteria in post #1?
Glass
Ventilated
Does not impede hood removal

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I’ve seen those posts. It has big time ventilation. But it doesn’t seal well, and impedes removal of the hood.
Nothing is going to seal up perfectly, but I’m hoping to avoid starting out with an inch plus gap at the top.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the Honda fixed, glass windshield and don't find it to be too hot in the summer. Plenty of air blowing in from the side windows in the doors.

Definitely a great feature in the winter.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes I’ve seen those posts. It has big time ventilation. But it doesn’t seal well, and impedes removal of the hood.
Nothing is going to seal up perfectly, but I’m hoping to avoid starting out with an inch plus gap at the top.
What are you trying to achieve then when you dont want ventilation or a “good seal”? Are you going with a full hard inclosure?

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda fixed, glass windshield and don't find it to be too hot in the summer. Plenty of air blowing in from the side windows in the doors.

Definitely a great feature in the winter.
WTF* elkguide? You're saying that you don't find fixed glass to be too hot in the summer - in Vermont?
See that the OP is from Maine, so your post has neighborly substance.

(* What The Fetch? - I'm in Utah. Can't say the other word from here, so please, Moderator/Metamaster, don't shut me down ☮️).

advertisement
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But on a serious note, I do want to try a glass windshield myself.
I've had a split Lexan (Kolpin) that worked well and opened up enough for air to flow. The kicker was that when I'd fly down washboarded gravel roads the center pieces would slap when closed. I now have a solid Lexan (Seismik) with two lower vents. It works well and does not slap, but sometimes I could use a little more air flow.
Between the two, I've never had a problem with the poly windshields and the dings and dents generally came whilst towing, not whilst riding. You can cover the windshields when towing to prevent dings.
They're all a trade off according to need.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Full windshield's in the summer suck a**, it's like riding in an aquarium. Unless it's maybe the SATV flip up, I've never owned one.
I agree on the summer windshield, I run a Kolpin shortie that's my favorite if it's not raining or really cold. I have a SATV flip up that I use in the cold and rain. The flip up is terrible in the tight wood in the open position, I about ripped it off first time in the woods.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hear that @JenElio is pretty good at making doors and windows on a P1k5?
🤔🤔

I saw some pics, looks factory!
100% American made (by a Cuban) $19.99 per opening, buyer pays shipping

Disclaimer: Buyer must send me said SXS for "fitment" purposes. I am not responsible for getting it back to you in any sort of working order. It will be "sent" 👍

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!