swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have been making shields out of lexan for some time,But I Im wanting a real shield this time.My last lexan shield was washed by my friend who didn't know he was ruining it for me..
I think I want a 2 piece.Im looking at the Honda or the Super Atv hard coat/ flip up...Any input would be welcome.Good Or Bad.I really want to hear from those who wash and use theirs all the time with losts of miles and dust and cleaning..I also was looking at the Glass full shield but ouch$$
Does the 2 piece stay in place or does it vibrate around?
The first shield I made lasted 3 years,the last 2 died fast..

Reactions: Deluxe700
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll be following this topic. I’m also interested in the super atv flip up windshield but my concern with it is is restricted access to get under the hood. So I’m also considering the Honda hard coat tip out. I like the quick clamps that come with it and being able to have access under the hood. But that super atv flip up will really let the air flow in during the summer heat. I’m not sure what the best route to go is. I’d like the best year round windshield with 4 season versatility and not have to take off or remove anything (well 3 season we don’t really get true summer fall winter spring much anymore here. Gotta love global warming/climate change! )

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I guess Super ATV it is....Anyone have any reasons I should not get one..

Reactions: HP5NC
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the HONDA 2 piece . It folds out about 8 inches if you want to. I like it fine. I've had it about a year and it is still crystal clear. I use Rain-X and it really sheds the water. It mounts with the Honda OEM quick connect mounts. It seals up real well to the shape of the OEM roof, with a thick rubber strip.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have the HONDA 2 piece . It folds out about 8 inches if you want to. I like it fine. I've had it about a year and it is still crystal clear. I use Rain-X and it really sheds the water. It mounts with the Honda OEM quick connect mounts. It seals up real well to the shape of the OEM roof, with a thick rubber strip.

How’s the air flow incoming with it tipped/vented all the way open? Is it comfortable in the summer? Not sure where your located but it gets awful humid an hot here in the southeast

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
How’s the air flow incoming with it tipped/vented all the way open? Is it comfortable in the summer? Not sure where your located but it gets awful humid an hot here in the southeast
I'm here in Arkansas...Hot and Humid...The tip out seems to be enough for me...It keeps you dry too even with it open..so airflow is pretty good with it open.

Reactions: Mudwing and HP5NC
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I'm here in Arkansas...Hot and Humid...The tip out seems to be enough for me...It keeps you dry too even with it open..so airflow is pretty good with it open.

I see you have the 700 and have 8” tipped out fully? I think someone said it’s about 6” on the P500. Same climate here in NC. I may just stick with the Honda hard coat tip out. I also may email super atv and see what they think about on making changes to the flip up windshield so that the hood can be accessed. I think they might sell even more if they would modify it.

P

plenn

Jun 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have an OEM Honda hard coat tip out for sale if anyone is interested. The machine only has 100 miles on it. I would consider any reasonable offer. This windshield is on my parents new machine. After seeing my super atv flip out, then would rather have that one. They ride at low speeds and after their first ride last weekend, they felt the cab got to hot. This doesn't make be a very good salesman, but thought I would be honest. I should have stated... this is for Pioneer 1000-5

Reactions: JTW
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Like my Honda tilt out, good breeze, but down side was it got so dusty at Takeover could barely see. Would have been nice to flip it down.

Reactions: HP5NC
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have an OEM Honda hard coat tip out for sale if anyone is interested. The machine only has 100 miles on it. I would consider any reasonable offer. This windshield is on my parents new machine. After seeing my super atv flip out, then would rather have that one. They ride at low speeds and after their first ride last weekend, they felt the cab got to hot. This doesn't make be a very good salesman, but thought I would be honest. I should have stated... this is for Pioneer 1000-5
Man that would be a pain to package and ship, unless you have the original packaging.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I think if you could access the hood with the super atv flip up my decision would be made.

For those who have that three windshield that folds down-let me make sure I understand that one correctly...there’s a small piece fixed at the top that has a lip where the piece (largest piece of the windshield) butts up to. It folds down laying in the hood against rubber pieces and Velcro’s to the lower portion of the roll bar? Is that correct?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like my Honda tilt out, good breeze, but down side was it got so dusty at Takeover could barely see. Would have been nice to flip it down.
That's why I haven't installed a full windshield, just installed a Kolpin hard coat shortie after my Honda shortie nonhard coat got so scratched up I couldn't see through it, I ll let you know how it holds up.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have the Honda 2pc and it’s been good so far, but honestly as soon as it’s warm out I remove the top portion and store it overhead in the garage.

Reactions: swsebek
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also have the Honda windshield. It lets a good amount of air in but I take it off a good bit in summer. It only takes a minute to put it on or off.

Reactions: HP5NC and swsebek
H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I just got my Super ATV Shield today.I hope I can put side mirrors on with it.

Were you able to put mirrors on with the super atv??? Also can it be made to work so you can take the hood off?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Let us know how you like it . My boss (wife) told me we need one also post some pictures when you can
I got it on and appears very nice.
Were you able to put mirrors on with the super atv??? Also can it be made to work so you can take the hood off?
yes you can put mirrors on.I just ordered seizmik strike mirrors.The mirrors can only be in a 3 inch area on bar.but it's where you need them.
I read about hood not opening too. But my shield flips up and is in no way interfering with hood.
I will take some pics tonight.
I won't get a chance to try it till a week or 2.
Tonight I'm going to remove the skid plates for the first time.I want to clean it completely. Engine, front and rear diff oil change.And just give it a looking over..I'm installing rock lights, whips,interior lights,Red Led headlights, And want to polish My A-arm guards.
I still have dirt from the Takeover on the skid plate. Also the frame has spots I have to paint and touch up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!