windshields???

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I got it on and appears very nice.

yes you can put mirrors on.I just ordered seizmik strike mirrors.The mirrors can only be in a 3 inch area on bar.but it's where you need them.
I read about hood not opening too. But my shield flips up and is in no way interfering with hood.
I will take some pics tonight.
I won't get a chance to try it till a week or 2.
Tonight I'm going to remove the skid plates for the first time.I want to clean it completely. Engine, front and rear diff oil change.And just give it a looking over..I'm installing rock lights, whips,interior lights,Red Led headlights, And want to polish My A-arm guards.
I still have dirt from the Takeover on the skid plate. Also the frame has spots I have to paint and touch up.

Sounds like you have quite a bit to do there! But it’s fun! Usually lol would like to see some detailed pics of the superatv windshield for sure. Im either getting it or the Honda hard coat tip out...you mentioned seizmik mirrors they have a nice windshield as well for the P5 I wish the shield they have for the Polaris ranger was available for the P5 it’s my favorite windshield on the market. And their mirrors are great had them on my Kymco. Good people to work with.

The “versa fold” love it wish we had the option on the P5
Windshield Versa-Fold (Hard Poly) – Polaris Mid-Size Pro-Fit Ranger – Seizmik

And for the P5 there versa vent
Windshield Versa-Vent (Scratch Resistant Poly) – Honda Pioneer 500 – Seizmik

Seizmik makes some great products. Honda needs to go ahead and make the roll cages like Polaris and can am. Windshield and roofs an doors intergrate so much nicer and clear the way their roll cage is designed. Anyway post some pics up!!!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
[QUOTE="HP5NC, post: 294952 Honda needs to go ahead and make the roll cages like Polaris and can am. Windshield and roofs an doors intergrate so much nicer and clear the way their roll cage is designed. Anyway post some pics up!!![/QUOTE]
Polaris has to cause they figure in the winter when you break down at least you can stay warm while you wait for a tow:D
No I'm sorry just playin'. Here's a couple window pics. You see on the side there is room for mirrors to clamp on

IMG 4536 IMG 4537 IMG 4538 IMG 4541

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good man. I watched a YouTube video last night of someone with the superatv windshield. I was not impressed with how much play it seemed to have as he went off through the field in the video. Now sure the lack luster P5 suspension doesn’t help. But I wasn’t that impressed with it. I’m going to stick with getting the Honda oem tip out windshield with the quick clamps. If it doesn’t vent well enough for me then I can always just take it off and or buy a cheap half windshield to throw on there. Plus I can access the hood with it. That is my plans. Thanks for the pics! It looks good on there.

Here’s the link to the video I referenced. Again I think it’s more the machine rattling than the windshield probably. But it kinda has turned me away from the superat.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
That was the camera shaking.. the SuperATV windshield is awesome on a 500!!

I’m sure it is. Two things with it for me personally it doesn’t look to create as good a seal all the way around as the Honda tip out. Also can’t access the hood. That is why I’m gonna go with the Honda oem hard coat tip out. I could change my mind but that’s what I’m set on at the moment.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m sure it is. Two things with it for me personally it doesn’t look to create as good a seal all the way around as the Honda tip out. Also can’t access the hood. That is why I’m gonna go with the Honda oem hard coat tip out. I could change my mind but that’s what I’m set on at the moment.
Yes if I couldn't of open my hood I wouldn't have got it either. I wanted the Honda originally but it didn't open all the way and mirrors wouldn't work. Good luck and post up the shield when You get it.

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Yes if I couldn't of open my hood I wouldn't have got it either. I wanted the Honda originally but it didn't open all the way and mirrors wouldn't work. Good luck and post up the shield when You get it.

What did you go with? I’m pretty sure the mirrors Honda offers is designed to go on their doors. The nice thing about the Honda shield to me is the quick clamps. Easy on/off. A shield is more important in the cold than in the warmth to me hence while a good seal around the windshield is important to me.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
So Far I am very pleased with the Super ATV shield, and I also found out you can drill holes in it too. I attached my soft top so it and tightened the seal

IMG 4558 IMG 4559

Reactions: Mudwing and JTW
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Windshield is great, have used it on a couple 30 mile rides in wet and in extreme dusty conditions. Being able to open it and ride 25 plus mph. is a game changer.You guys with the solid shields can't believe how much better being able to crack it changes the dust and mist from sucking in from tire and hitting you from behind. One hand operation and just simple. Next to no vibration.4 years a solid windshield was ok. But now I will never have a solid shield again.and if you are riding and a giant bird like bug flys through :eek:just yank it shut while the kids and wife calm down:D

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!