P1000 Wired winch remote locations

C

catvguy1986

Dec 22, 2020
Peculiar MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey there.....Installing a KFI SE 45 Stealth 4500# winch on my 2020 Pioneer 1000-3.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to install the plug for the wired remote on the machine? Inside the cab, outside the cab. I don't want to put in the glove box. Thinking outside just below the windshield somewhere?......Thanks in advance for the reply's. BTW rocker switch for winch is installed inside the cab on the dash.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the new 1000 SE, the winch remote plug is in the glove box where you don't want it! There is no wired In-Out switch on the dash. The supplied switch wiring will get you to the front of the vehicle but not much more.

I installed a wireless controller that cost $20 and comes with a larger handheld remote and a keychain one. The winch is wired so the wireless remote will work anytime - no kill switch. This is not a good idea with a wireless remote, as RFI (radio frequency interference) can possibly activate the winch without the button being pressed. I wired the receiver power switch through a panel mounted switch to prevent RFI issues.

Wireless:

Amazon.com: LIEBMAYA Wireless Winch Remote Control Kit for Jeep Truck ATV SUV 12V Switch Handset Waterproof : Automotive

Reactions: Lady01
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally mounted my plug for the wired remote down by the 12V socket. I also have a in/out momentary switch that I almost always use. I have only used the wired remote once.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger and Lady01
J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally mounted my plug for the wired remote down by the 12V socket. I also have a in/out momentary switch that I almost always use. I have only used the wired remote once.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Hey there.....Installing a KFI SE 45 Stealth 4500# winch on my 2020 Pioneer 1000-3.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to install the plug for the wired remote on the machine? Inside the cab, outside the cab. I don't want to put in the glove box. Thinking outside just below the windshield somewhere?......Thanks in advance for the reply's. BTW rocker switch for winch is installed inside the cab on the dash.
I mounted my plug by the bumper in the flat piece of plastic that way i can watch what the winch is doing while iam winching dont have to stand in the mud also.Plug is hot all the time plug and winch.JOE

Reactions: Lady01
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In the grill. This is a badlands and not kfi. I used zip ties fits nicely into diamond in grill. No drill and it’s up front where I need it.

5D1FC67F 0295 49D4 BFC4 025FFD3EDB12

Reactions: Scoop and Lady01
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am trying to locate an installation location for a Warn Wireless Remote Receiver. This is a tough one as it is not flat.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!