P1000 Wires, Switches, and Radio

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
I have finally got all of my switches and radio wired in. I just cut the slots into the plastic dash. I figure if it breaks ill just make a piece to fit over the whole thing.

I used a switch to a relay to power the usb, rear lights, and horn switches and a seperate switch for the radio instead of using keyed on power. I originally had just the radio to turn on from the keyed on power and found out the fuel pump or something must run constant when the key is on. When I went to start it after it sitting for 10-15 minutes with the key on and radio on, it didn't want to start like it was flooded. I could smell fuel so that's why i'm assuming the fuel pump was running.

I got the Boss Audio Speakers off amazon as "used" $25 dollars cheaper just because the package is slightly damaged. I always go that route if its available.
Pioneer1000 Dash Pioneer1000 front Pioneer1000 wiring upright

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
looking good. how did you wire your voltage meter?

Jody

Jody

Jan 12, 2016
Manitoba
792501RC is the regular and 792501RCA is the amplified version and home depot of all places seems to have best price.

Reactions: CashMoney
M

Madore128

Mar 28, 2016
Ma
I wanta do the same kind of set up. But haven't found a radio that is waterproof. What do u do when u wash it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!