Wiring a second battery

D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello All,
I can use some help. I want to set up a second battery and i want to do it so all accessories run only when key is on. I was thinking of using a stinger but instead of hooking up each battery to each side of the solenoid, can i run each hot to the same side of the solenoid and just have the new accessory fuse block on the other terminal of the solenoid? If i hook it up as shown on instructions, the accessories would always be hot going off second battery saving the primary for starting. I could use some recommendations on setting up so everything is powered up when key is on. I have a 700-4 deluxe and my buddy has the pioneer 1000-5. Thank you.

Reactions: TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure what u are asking. The aux battery is the only thing hooked to stinger. One side is from bat to stinger other side is stinger to fuse block. Two small posts are key on and ground.

Reactions: TripleB
D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
i guess my question is when hooking up the second battery, do i still use an isolator for the 2 batteries and then still use the stinger from the second battery to the new fuse panel i am installing? i want to wire this so i get both batteries charging up properly and still have all accessories ran only off second battery only when key is turned on.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like you have it. The pioneer is ez to install a second battery. Just hook the second ground. Blue taped wire to the 2nd battery and run a hot wire between the batteries. They will both charge. The stinger controls the 2nd fuse block. If hooked to a key on wire it will only make the connection when key is on. The isolator is just to protect the main battery from being run down past a certain voltage. The key on switch from the club store makes things a lot simpler. Run it to one small post on stinger other small post to ground then big ones are power in and out. Everything on that fuse block is key in only.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Hello All,
I can use some help. I want to set up a second battery and i want to do it so all accessories run only when key is on. I was thinking of using a stinger but instead of hooking up each battery to each side of the solenoid, can i run each hot to the same side of the solenoid and just have the new accessory fuse block on the other terminal of the solenoid? If i hook it up as shown on instructions, the accessories would always be hot going off second battery saving the primary for starting. I could use some recommendations on setting up so everything is powered up when key is on. I have a 700-4 deluxe and my buddy has the pioneer 1000-5. Thank you.

I just hooked everything in parallel.
No stinger.

Accessories powered from both and key activated.

So far no issues.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!