P1000 Wiring backup lights

Bandman

Bandman

Jul 17, 2021
Hayden Lake, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered a pair of 2faroffroad backup lights to connect with the DIY backup light connector from the store. My question is; do I need to split the connection and run a seperate +/- to each light or can I wire them in series? IE; + to light #1, - to light #2 and connect + to - between the lights)

TIA

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi. Right now I have one rear light off a rocker switch, but may go to two rear lights (it's just sitting in the box). I understand the backup light system in my P1K5 and the harness that powers on when you put it in reverse. (Did that on my last rig, this time I wanted a manual switch to leave the light on and to have a bed light).
But I'm not sure what you mean about daisy chaining the lights. I found a sketch to explain my question.

I'm having trouble seeing why the "not proper daisy chain" won't work. ?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Either will work for this situation since its not critical power.
In communication or for proper load buildup you would want to stick to the top.
But that really is not a concern here since we are only dealing with a few amps.

We have the work light trigger which will give you what you need and makes an awesome bed light.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Either will work for this situation since its not critical power.
In communication or for proper load buildup you would want to stick to the top.
But that really is not a concern here since we are only dealing with a few amps.

We have the work light trigger which will give you what you need and makes an awesome bed light.
Thank you. That smells right to me. There's not much load and I watch the wire gauge when in question.

Reactions: Lady01 and Squeegee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!