People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
So I have the accessory subhsreness plug on my P5. I have MicTuning winch rocker switch and a LED on/off rocker switch. I have my winch working correctly with the rocker switch but for the led light where does the negative wire from light go? The back of switch only has a place for the positive wire to light but what about negative?

81D02038 E269 45E0 A03E 4E8D2FA2EB99

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest a ground bus bar, with a nice 6 or 4 gauge wire going directly to either battery or engine block.
Place bus bar under your hood for future ground connections. You could also route your grounds from your switches to the bus bar.

Edit: Pick one in your price range

https://www.amazon.com/s/?tag=sxsweb24-20

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
The negative from the light goes to a known good ground. It does not need to be grounded at the switch.

What about hooking it up to one of the connections on the 4 available hot wires with the ground wire? Thanks for the help...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like a known good ground to me!

Reactions: GRANITE

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!