P500 wiring in lights?

P

PNWGuy

I searched the other threads and I'm more confused.

I have two LED lights and a LED rocker switch.

Other posts have referenced tying into the Honda harness but I don't see where. Others have said you have to run a new direct wire from the battery, which is a pain.

The dealer wired in the winch, horn, and winch rocker switch but not sure what is safe to get power from.

Here is a picture of my current set up...

PM UHRrjJhwte9u0XKP tm8jRSYn2aiRK rtDXpKbeopX92IB

I remember during the walk-around at the dealer, he pointed to the blue taped wrap and mentioned it as a power source but I also think he said don't hook anything up to it...??

22A nyZD5vJvG5c9xRUOgoMVdBdWeGc1LeeLopTtwdcpX92IB

P

PNWGuy

I hate electrical work with a passion and it's hot as heck outside so I work for about 15 minutes and have to towel off the sweat and drink water.

I will wire this thing!

Reactions: Mudwing and Tuco69
C

Chooglin

I would get your power from the hot wire going to the winch contactor , then go from there to a isolator switch then a fuse block , it makes hooking up accessories much easier.

Screenshot 2018 02 06 10 37 39 20160321 200714

P

PNWGuy

Finally got dark enough to test them. Switch is awesome! Lettering lights up with ignition on and the bigfoot lights up when lights are turned on...

6L9h8FFkpk5RXsLFkufcmUwLqFXXLGC6oq2wwfVfUBQpX92IB

These things are very bright! 52W rated and easily dwarf the factory lights...

AZEr5ymL9JotZfaatR3DUw4WRFnpzCKRVyKj1MUoWicpX92IB

P

PNWGuy

Amazon . Around $30 or so. Will have to try them out this weekend and see how well they do. Got a lot of good reviews.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!