P700 Wooden Wheels. Turning Amish?

T

tlynn

Sep 25, 2017
wimauma fl
Ownership

1. 500
Cool, maybe cut some notches for traction going up the ramp. I have to use 4 wheel drive to get my p500 up ramp. I was faced with the same clearance problem shopping for a toy hauler that my p500 would fit in. Letting all air out of tiers only resulted in lowering roof 3/4 inch. The greatest result I got was ratcheting down the suspension at each corner, got about 3 inch additional clearance. All in vain as I found the Prime Time Avenger had more than enough clearence.

L

Laurence

Jan 13, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all,
Just thought I'd share this method for fitting your SXS in an enclosed trailer. I've got a 16' enclosed and my 700-4 has a roof and 27" tires. Needless to say it didn't fit in the trailer even with the tires aired down and the roof removed it still wouldn't fit. What I did was buy some 12" diameter wooden disc and drilled them to fit the bolt pattern. I slapped these new "amish" wheels on and now have plenty of clearance to load it in the trailer. This might not be a great method for someone trailering to their riding destination every week but I have a cottage about an hour away and my SXS lives there most the time. Either way a jack and a cordless impact makes this a 10 minute ordeal. Not a big deal. Total cost was about $25 for the wood and took me about 30 mins to drill them. Maybe this will help somebody out.
View attachment 251633View attachment 251634View attachment 251635
Great idea but I bet it really lowers the top end. And probably not so great in the mud cheers

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all,
Just thought I'd share this method for fitting your SXS in an enclosed trailer. I've got a 16' enclosed and my 700-4 has a roof and 27" tires. Needless to say it didn't fit in the trailer even with the tires aired down and the roof removed it still wouldn't fit. What I did was buy some 12" diameter wooden disc and drilled them to fit the bolt pattern. I slapped these new "amish" wheels on and now have plenty of clearance to load it in the trailer. This might not be a great method for someone trailering to their riding destination every week but I have a cottage about an hour away and my SXS lives there most the time. Either way a jack and a cordless impact makes this a 10 minute ordeal. Not a big deal. Total cost was about $25 for the wood and took me about 30 mins to drill them. Maybe this will help somebody out.
So how have they been holding up? Still on the first set?

S

Smooth Operator

Apr 5, 2021
Usk, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all,
Necessity is the mother of invention!

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!