Woodland Park, CO Trails

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
Anyone do any riding near Woodland Park? Planning a trip visit family later summer, curious what the trails are like in this area. Have the CO Trex apps, looks like quite a few trails you can't be over 50" wide, more meant for ATVs. Any tips or thoughts? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love woodland park, its a great town. I've ridden out there several times. You're right there are a lot of 50" trails.But... From woodland park you can get on the Rampart Range road and there are a lot of fingers off of it that are fun to explore. You can work your way north and see the back side of the airforce academy. Then work your way over toward the town of Divide. There are a lot of great views and trials to ride. Co trex helps and the MVU maps as well. Its a beautiful area and even better if you happen to go in September. Most the trails are pretty mild. Not a lot of real tough stuff but the views can't be beat.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rampart range road is basically a dirt road. If you take it north it will take you dang near to Denver. There are a lot of trials coming off it along the way. Again, nothing real tough, but if you're looking for a fun ride with family it will probably be just fine.

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
Rampart range road is basically a dirt road. If you take it north it will take you dang near to Denver. There are a lot of trials coming off it along the way. Again, nothing real tough, but if you're looking for a fun ride with family it will probably be just fine.
Thanks for very much for the information! Yes, looking for more of a family friendly ride with the kids along! I will definitely look into it, and the views alone would make it worth it for me!

Reactions: SouthParkColorado
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lived there in 1971-73. There is a gravel pit just before you turn to the right with the big rounded rocks. Go into the gravel pit, if it's still open. I found a 22 inch smoky crystal in there. And go due north cross country and less than a half mile on the edge of the field there's a solid rock mine shaft on south side oif hill. After seeing panther tracks we, stupidly figured he wouldn't bother us, and went in about 50 feet. The Amethyst crystals are unbelievable! We carried a bucket full back on our horse and walked her home. It is all Forest Service land, so just tread lightly. Bears, cougars and lynx have crossed our path up there. Nowadays, the old bus junkyard, a real eyesore, is the new Junior High School. Really shocked me when I drove from my old house and saw that. You can get to the Air Force Academy from Rampart Range Road. Ask my Dad. He had to bail us out when my brother and I were arrested for trespassing while deer hunting. No hard feelings though. I spent 21 years in the Air Force and retired as a Captain.

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
Any pictures of some of the views from the trails in this area by chance?

Reactions: SouthParkColorado
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The big rock has an awesome overlook and isn't far from Woodland Park. 2nd is a grainy picture of the airforce base. 3rd is what a lot of the trails are like.

20180927 133534 20180927 135358 20180928 154936

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks like easy riding.

It is. 90% is pretty easy going but you can get a lot of incredible views in a day. You can find a few challenging spots but for the most part its a lot of great family riding.

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
It is. 90% is pretty easy going but you can get a lot of incredible views in a day. You can find a few challenging spots but for the most part its a lot of great family riding.
Looks awesome for views, thank you so much for your help!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@SouthParkColorado have you ridden here?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!