Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep. I spent a week in Silverton last August. I was in my Jeep. :) There were more Jeeps, UTVs, ATVs, and motorcycles than I have ever seen there. :eek: Most of the UTV crowd seemed to be pretty well behaved though. My perception was that most of the idiots I saw there, were on rental machines. The Silverton crowd generally seems to be more mature than the Moab crowd. Of course, there is a very short season for trail riding in Silverton. I have been visiting the San Juans since 1976, but it was so busy that I am not sure that I will return. 😢
We rode there recently as well and I agree with you that UTVer’s did well there. Renters likely aren’t as concerned about posterity as we are...👍

Reactions: Boundertom
SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

Quoted:

"Fight for Every Inch Against 30×30​

The 30×30 campaign is a major effort to lock up 30% of the nation’s land by the year 2030. Anyone who has read the details of how this plan will be implemented understands it is a clear effort to lock the American people out of their land. While there is no legislation to designate these exact parameters, the way 30×30 proponents will achieve this goal is through restrictive land use designations. There will be no bill that is presented to the federal legislature to lock up 30% of the land. These extreme groups will slowly do this, working around the clock, to designate monuments, wilderness, wilderness study areas and areas with wilderness characteristics. These designations come sometimes through executive orders, but in many cases they will come through land agency management plans. We created the Fight for Every Inch campaign to create a movement to push back!

National Monuments​

Recently the Biden Administration used the Antiquities Act to designate national monuments in Southern Utah. Grand Staircase-Escalante and Bears Ears are a crucial piece to the 30×30 puzzle.
The State of Utah recently filed a lawsuit to challenge these monument designations.
BlueRibbon Coalition also filed a companion lawsuit to also challenge the monuments. Both the State of Utah and the BlueRibbon Coalition challenges are based on a commitment to see the Supreme Court weigh in on abuse of the Antiquities Act by President Biden. As one of the only organizations laying the groundwork to defend your outdoor recreation access all the way to the levels of the Supreme Court, we hope you will consider making a charitable donation to give us the resources we need to succeed in these fights."

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: CID
SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

Quoted:
"
UTAH CHALLENGES UNLAWFUL DESIGNATION OF NATIONAL MONUMENTS

SALT LAKE CITY – Today, Utah Attorney General Sean D. Reyes filed a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah against President Biden’s unlawful designation of the Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments. Utah’s elected leaders, including Governor Spencer Cox, Lt. Governor Deidre Henderson, State Auditor John Dougall, Treasurer Marlo Oaks, and Senate President J. Stuart Adams, House Speaker Brad Wilson, U.S. Senators Mike Lee and Mitt Romney, and Congressmen Chris Stewart, John Curtis, Burgess Owens, and Blake Moore all joined the Attorney General with the following statement:

“These public lands and sacred sites are a stewardship that none of us take lightly. The archeological, paleontological, religious, recreational, and geologic values need to be harmonized and protected. Rather than guarding those resources, President Biden’s unlawful designations place them all at greater risk.

“The vast size of the expanded Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monuments draws unmanageable visitation levels to these lands without providing any of the tools necessary to adequately conserve and protect these resources.

“A congressional solution would be the more effective path for the conservation and management of Utah lands. This would include collaboration from state and federal agencies, tribal nations, local governments, citizens, the legislature, and Utah’s congressional delegation. A congressional solution could better guard the area's resources by ensuring tribal access to sacred sites, providing federal agencies with the management tools and funding they need, channeling visitation into appropriate protected locations, and giving local communities the funding and flexibility they need to thrive economically.

“We now challenge this repeated, abusive federal overreach to ensure that our public lands are adequately protected and that smart stewardship remains with the people closest to the land.”

Today’s lawsuit argues that the size of the two national monuments, covering vast landscapes of a combined 3.2 million acres, violates the Antiquities Act of 1906, which limits U.S. presidents to create monuments “confined to the smallest area compatible with proper care and management of the objects to be protected.”"

Reactions: CID
SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
We are so f**ked and that's how it is these days ....

• Angry
Reactions: Farmer and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!