100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In regards to Honda’s research, who do they ask when researching plastics colors? Do they put out questionnaires and ask all the timid, gay, mousy, non binary, pink haired, thespian people’s opinions. I went to a dealer today and saw an almost desert tan khaki but it looked too light in color and it only comes on 700’s and nothing else. Personally i tend to lean towards Green or Brown. If I don’t want to pay extra for camouflage, then the next obvious choice would be an earth tone. I get the Honda Red so that’s a given but many of their new colors suck. Plus why cant i just pay and order one from the factory?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
we sell a similar product and I've thought the same thing regarding options, pricing and colors. Regarding ordering from the factory, Honda sells their machines to their dealers. Most of these machines arrive at the dealerships needing minor assembly and a thorough check of fluids and perform adjustments when needed. The tires are generally over inflated when they arrive as roll offs so they don't bounce around inside the trucks. The manufacturer also wants you to form a relationship with your dealer for parts, accessories and service going forward as well as referrals and additional product sales. Not all dealerships handle the sales process the way the manufacturer intends while other go above and beyond. We have become a premiere status dealer and we acquired this status by scoring high on Kubota's customer satisfaction surveys which are sent to the customer shortly after the sale, and then usually on the anniversary of the sale going forward for several years. They also send surveys after any service or warranty work is performed. Becoming a premiere dealer has allowed us to increase our allocation of product among other perks. We sell other lines besides Kubota, and most major brands also have similar programs. Anytime we receive a poor score on a survey, the salesperson or service writer is required to contact the customer and attempt to rectify our customer's dissatisfaction. Too many negative responses would cause us to lose our perks plus negative reviews on our social media platforms are normally not good for business. Thankfully we are the largest volume dealer for most of our products because we are competitively priced, we don't whore in other's markets, our service and warranties are handled properly and in a timely fashion. We do from time to time receive poor reviews, but we always make every attempt to repair our customer's trust and work towards scoring very high in our surveys. Sorry this is so long but hopefully this answered your question

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
we sell a similar product and I've thought the same thing regarding options, pricing and colors. Regarding ordering from the factory, Honda sells their machines to their dealers. Most of these machines arrive at the dealerships needing minor assembly and a thorough check of fluids and perform adjustments when needed. The tires are generally over inflated when they arrive as roll offs so they don't bounce around inside the trucks. The manufacturer also wants you to form a relationship with your dealer for parts, accessories and service going forward as well as referrals and additional product sales. Not all dealerships handle the sales process the way the manufacturer intends while other go above and beyond. We have become a premiere status dealer and we acquired this status by scoring high on Kubota's customer satisfaction surveys which are sent to the customer shortly after the sale, and then usually on the anniversary of the sale going forward for several years. They also send surveys after any service or warranty work is performed. Becoming a premiere dealer has allowed us to increase our allocation of product among other perks. We sell other lines besides Kubota, and most major brands also have similar programs. Anytime we receive a poor score on a survey, the salesperson or service writer is required to contact the customer and attempt to rectify our customer's dissatisfaction. Too many negative responses would cause us to lose our perks plus negative reviews on our social media platforms are normally not good for business. Thankfully we are the largest volume dealer for most of our products because we are competitively priced, we don't whore in other's markets, our service and warranties are handled properly and in a timely fashion. We do from time to time receive poor reviews, but we always make every attempt to repair our customer's trust and work towards scoring very high in our surveys. Sorry this is so long but hopefully this answered your question
I do love my tractor.
IMG 1434

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even though I’m not the biggest fan of the color red, today at the dealer i saw an almost metallic red on some of the pioneers that i thought looked better than the old red…

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Well, the Black 2022 and 2024 Talons really suck. The Talon is a sport model, and it should always be offered in Honda Red. All the 2024 Talons with the Showa Shocks only come in BLACK. The Talon R 4 seat model is only available with the Fox Live Valve shocks in Red and Blue. Sure glad I didn't wait for a 2024 model as it looks to be exactly the same as my 2023 Talon R 4-seater. I doubt the dealers will want to stock very many black Talons. One of the local dealers is having a hard time selling 2 new 2022 Black Talons with a $2,200 discount. I would think if the Honda warehouse got filled up with Black Talons, they will offer other colors. I have been retired from American Honda Motor Company for over 28 years now. Some of the new people at Honda really Suck. Hopefully the Black Talons won't end up like Bud Lite. I would buy a Black one with a $4,000 discount and change the plastic to Red.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well, the Black 2022 and 2024 Talons really suck. The Talon is a sport model, and it should always be offered in Honda Red. All the 2024 Talons with the Showa Shocks only come in BLACK. The Talon R 4 seat model is only available with the Fox Live Valve shocks in Red and Blue. Sure glad I didn't wait for a 2024 model as it looks to be exactly the same as my 2023 Talon R 4-seater. I doubt the dealers will want to stock very many black Talons. One of the local dealers is having a hard time selling 2 new 2022 Black Talons with a $2,200 discount. I would think if the Honda warehouse got filled up with Black Talons, they will offer other colors. I have been retired from American Honda Motor Company for over 28 years now. Some of the new people at Honda really Suck. Hopefully the Black Talons won't end up like Bud Lite. I would buy a Black one with a $4,000 discount and change the plastic to Red.
I agree.
There should ALWAYS be a Honda red machine. Especially a sport model.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree, Bob, black is a terrible color for a Honda. I've never owned a black vehicle because they're impossible to keep clean, a black off road vehicle shows that Honda doesn't have a clue how their product is used. :(

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, Bob, black is a terrible color for a Honda. I've never owned a black vehicle because they're impossible to keep clean, a black off road vehicle shows that Honda doesn't have a clue how their product is used. :(
Yeah I don’t understand why all the trailer mfgs have blackout packages for a premium price either. Obviously someone somewhere is buying into the black though.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I don’t understand why all the trailer mfgs have blackout packages for a premium price either. Obviously someone somewhere is buying into the black though.
For the "aggressive" look. It started with cop cars and their blacked out wheels.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I agree, Bob, black is a terrible color for a Honda. I've never owned a black vehicle. :(

You old white guys with your white privilege.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
"In regards to Honda’s research, who do they ask when researching plastics colors?" - 100Acre: I've wondered this same thing for years for any big business? Who is the brain-child that they hired to find these "focus groups" anyway? Someone with a 3rd grade education as well as blind or def? 20 some years ago I worked at GM and I was in the same building that they designed the Pontiac Aztec. Saw the entire development process happen and when it came time to determine what the foe-mini van was going to look like, there were several examples in the mock-up room. One of which, if they built it, I was seriously considering buying one. But nope, what was decided on was the one the "focus group" that was surveyed liked the best and well, you see what that vehicle was.😝

"I wonder why so few Trail models are available?"- 100Acre- this is because we are dealing with ultra-conservative Honda here. Ever since the "loosing face" of the 1986-87 3-wheeler class action law suits, Honda has never again been the innovator-risk taker that they were in the 70's and 80's. Their business model now is to sit back and wait for the competition to innovate and come up with the cool new products, then wait and see if the market is there for this new thing, then Honda will act a few years later and develop a very conservative product for that market and hope that their Honda faithful will step up and buy it just because it is a Honda, not the best product on the market.

I admit, I am one of those Honda faithful. I own several that are old and still running the same as when they were new. I also have 2 of Honda's last really innovative off-road products: an '83 ATC 250R and a '86 TRX 250R. But, I have to say my P500 does exactly what it was designed to do - fun little utility vehicle at a low price-point

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
In regards to Honda’s research, who do they ask when researching plastics colors? Do they put out questionnaires and ask all the timid, gay, mousy, non binary, pink haired, thespian people’s opinions. I went to a dealer today and saw an almost desert tan khaki but it looked too light in color and it only comes on 700’s and nothing else. Personally i tend to lean towards Green or Brown. If I don’t want to pay extra for camouflage, then the next obvious choice would be an earth tone. I get the Honda Red so that’s a given but many of their new colors suck. Plus why cant i just pay and order one from the factory?
2024 P1K5D Black Forest Green

2024 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe in Black Forest Green, picking mine up March 12th. This color is starting to show up at dealerships all around me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!