P1000m5 WTF!!!

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So where I live, all I have to ride with Polaris and Can-am owner's 90 % of all have the same s*** attitude .They all dismiss your ride ,I go where they go I do what they do but they have this attitude there s***s better !!!! I hadn't seen a lot of them for a while and rode mine to b-day party a few checked it out and like all my add ons radio,wheels,tires ect .And of course one of them is like why did you put beadlocks on that . And of course i responded my s***'s built heavier than yours it weighs 2000 pounds by itself let alone has a gross vehicle weight of 3500 pounds .He has a 1000 rzr 2 seat. He's one that never got up even to look at it . I guess I'm just being a little b**** but I get tired of it.
Don't worry about it. the SxS group where I live sent out an email one day to tell us that a certain trail that is rather difficult locally needs at least 29" tires and a whole other list of things. One of my buddies (rzr) and I decided to give it a try couple of weeks later, knowing we could always turn around and go back if necessary and before we knew it we were through all of the tough parts. My P1k5 was completely stock at the time. I spend a little more time on 3 wheels than the guys with the super suspension but I can out maneuver them when it's tight and don't have to make many 3 point turns.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't worry about it. the SxS group where I live sent out an email one day to tell us that a certain trail that is rather difficult locally needs at least 29" tires and a whole other list of things. One of my buddies (rzr) and I decided to give it a try couple of weeks later, knowing we could always turn around and go back if necessary and before we knew it we were through all of the tough parts. My P1k5 was completely stock at the time. I spend a little more time on 3 wheels than the guys with the super suspension but I can out maneuver them when it's tight and don't have to make many 3 point turns.
We went on the same ride this past Saturday. I have added shocks for more clearance; full 1/2” UHMW skid plates and a winch since that first trip along with wheels and tires (28”). The trail has eroded a lot over the summer due to heavy rains and has only been reopened recently. Had to use my P1k5 as an anchor so that the Poo Poo that slid off the road could winch himself out and then later, another Poo
Poo picked the wrong line going up a heavily eroded “V” ditch which required all of our efforts to get upright and on his way again. The Honda didn’t require any assistance the whole trip.
92AC1C7F 8C43 46F0 92D7 908178F015D0
17BD1294 1175 4807 98EF 653C3266F38E

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A good friend of mine, who has a Polaris Ranger told me that I was a traitor when I told him that I ordered a Honda. I know he was just kidding. We are already planning a deer hunting trip together out in the Black Hills next fall. We are still close friends. But yea, it's the old Chevy vs Ford thing.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
A good friend of mine, who has a Polaris Ranger told me that I was a traitor when I told him that I ordered a Honda. I know he was just kidding. We are already planning a deer hunting trip together out in the Black Hills next fall. We are still close friends. But yea, it's the old Chevy vs Ford thing.

^ THIS 100%

Not to be another crab in the bucket, but I am also getting a little over the talk. Its a simple thing. I have always run gear that has a reputation because in my world, I cannot afford to have a failure. And I am already a moron. So I need all the help I can get. My gear is not always the lightest, neither am I. My rig is not the fanciest, neither am I. But I guarantee my journey is going to test me and mine to the max. And my goal is to ensure that the only failure is on my part.

I buy for safety and function. So sure, I am not going to fly up the mountain, and I get why you want to. But I enjoy the journey more when I complete the whole thing lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!