BOX1

Talon X vs. R in East Coast Trails

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Reporting back that I brought a Talon X home yesterday. I rented a Talon R a few weeks back, and the couple of things I didn't like about it are remedied with the X setup. The Talon R I rented had Maxxis Rampage tires, 30" x 10", and a wheel offset that made it 76" wide. It felt huge and awkward to me at times going down the trail. I'm sure I would personally like the R a lot better without the wheel offset. That and the turning radius were the two things I didn't like about it. The X is perfect for me and where / how I like to ride.

Thanks everyone for the input! This forum has been a big help. After having a love / hate relationship with my RZR for years, I'm feeling MUCH better about being a Honda SXS owner.

IMG 3769

IMG 3769

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reporting back that I brought a Talon X home yesterday. I rented a Talon R a few weeks back, and the couple of things I didn't like about it are remedied with the X setup. The Talon R I rented had Maxxis Rampage tires, 30" x 10", and a wheel offset that made it 76" wide. It felt huge and awkward to me at times going down the trail. I'm sure I would personally like the R a lot better without the wheel offset. That and the turning radius were the two things I didn't like about it. The X is perfect for me and where / how I like to ride.

Thanks everyone for the input! This forum has been a big help. After having a love / hate relationship with my RZR for years, I'm feeling MUCH better about being a Honda SXS owner.

View attachment 143832

View attachment 143831
NICE buggy!

Reactions: RideRed85
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 143832

View attachment 143831
Now that you have had it for a while, any regrets not going to the R? Or still happy with the X?

Reactions: RideRed85
RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Now that you have had it for a while, any regrets not going to the R? Or still happy with the X?

Love this machine, no regrets. I still feel the same as my previous comments about the Talon R that I rented. I'm at 530 miles on my X and love it even more now than day one since it's getting good and broken in.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!