2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club!

XFRodriguez

XFRodriguez

Sep 20, 2016
Payson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. What should I know about this P1K5. What abilities does it have being completely stock?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks. What should I know about this P1K5. What abilities does it have being completely stock?

How do you mean I guess specifically what are you asking

Sent from iPhone

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Through hell and back! It really is a great machine I truly believe it's the best out there. It'll handle any load we've ever thrown at it which has been a lot, with a smile. Climbs anything tows anything. I'm positive we have been harder by far then most and have And have found any downfalls. Now keep in mind we've been far tougher and asked more on this then previous brands we've owned and we wouldn't have asked the same from them but you need a snorkel of some sort for being around water. Keep your rpms up a little to save on clutches. I'd like a little better front shocks. That's about it. Run it good and hard it'll smooth out it just gets better with mileage. I've never had a vehicle work so hard to please. We could show you videos to make you cringe if that's what you're asking but you'll come up with your own soon enough sounds like. I love ours. Incredible machine.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
XFRodriguez

XFRodriguez

Sep 20, 2016
Payson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Through hell and back! It really is a great machine I truly believe it's the best out there. It'll handle any load we've ever thrown at it which has been a lot, with a smile. Climbs anything tows anything. I'm positive we have been harder by far then most and have And have found any downfalls. Now keep in mind we've been far tougher and asked more on this then previous brands we've owned and we wouldn't have asked the same from them but you need a snorkel of some sort for being around water. Keep your rpms up a little to save on clutches. I'd like a little better front shocks. That's about it. Run it good and hard it'll smooth out it just gets better with mileage. I've never had a vehicle work so hard to please. We could show you videos to make you cringe if that's what you're asking but you'll come up with your own soon enough sounds like. I love ours. Incredible machine.

Sent from iPhone
This is exactly what I wanted to hear. This is my first side by side ever. I'm looking forward to spending quality time on this rig.
My next question is. Will I void the warranty if I change the oil myself?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No absolutely not they cannot require you to have a dealer service it. Keep all receipts and change everything as required. Don't skip out on filters. If you buy oil from your dealer they will have records but best thing to do is take picture of receipt next to mileage on your dash and save it.

P1000 - Honda Pioneer 1000 Oil Change Guide! post on the thread to keep it towards the top for others.
Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!