100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since theres been a lot of recent volcanic activity at old Yeller, I thought I'd post up some links as to what's been happening. Besides the recent geyser eruptions happening more frequently at Steamboat Geyser and some earthquakes in the park itself, there is now new activity happening within the boundaries of the Grand Teton NP near the Jenny Lake falls area where @JTW was just visiting. apparently a fissure has opened approximately 600 'x 600' and the NPS has closed the area for safety reasons. According to astronomical research, starting July 19th many of our solar system's planets will be in conjunction or lined up all one one side of the sun. In the 5X during the past 120 years of recorded history, it has been shown that the earth experiences more volcanic activity during this period. With the volcano in Hawaii erupting for the past two months and a fair amount of activity going on around the globe, we may see an increased period of more seismic and volcanic activity. Earlier today there was a 6.5 quake in the western Pacific and some seismic activity along the west coast. Now I know when everyone thinks of the super volcano we have in our backyard, everyone thinks the worst will happen. If we see an eruption in our lifetimes, it may or may not be a super eruption. We may see it letting off more steam and grunts like an old man waking from a long dormant nap. Anyway, the earth experiences earthquakes everyday across the globe. Unless we see some catastrophic changes in the near future I think we will be fine for the most part but it cannot hurt to be prepared. I like following Dutchsinse on youtube and this guy;

Known ashfall boundaries for major eruptions from yellowstone 7
Scivis 860
Sometimes I think to myself do I really want that beer meme
View attachment 81020
Eruption comparison

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some good info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!