Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When it comes to the mud the more ground clearance the better. And we all know Honda is not known for extravagant specs when it comes to ground clearance. The Honda Pioneer is no different offering a standard 10.5 inches of clearance. Loaded down with 4 people and gear you quickly learn where these limits are sitting in a 10 inch rut.

Enter Savant Manufacturing. Makers of the STRONG MADE 2.5 inch lift kit for the Honda Pioneer.
[img1=http://StrongMade.com]http://hondasxs.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=96&image_id=1149[/img1]
Simple to install and easy on your wallet, this lift kit will give your Pioneer the clearance it needs to tackle the deep stuff. Combined with a set of 27" tires you can expect a potential gain of 5+ inches on the rear vs factory specs.
image.php

Overall the kit is simple, STRONG, and well MADE. Using minimal parts to reduce movement this kit stays put. The Strong Made kit allows maximum lift while maintaining the axles at an acceptable angle to reduce cup/axle rub. All kits are made out of steel laser cut to fit. To protect the kit from the elements, each kit is power-coated for long lasting finish. All the bolts and spacers you need are included to insure quick and easy fit.

Installation of the lift kit was simple.
Installing the fronts only took about 10 mins each side and was completed with ease.
[album]1132[/album][album]1133[/album][album]1134[/album][album]1135[/album]

Switching to the rear took a bit longer as we found it necessary to disconnect the sway bar and loosen the bushings. This step is recommended with ALL lift kits.
[sway bar pic] [knuckle bushing pic]

Releasing the sway bar was done by disconnecting one point on either arm. Next we needed to releive the bushings as they tend to hold the factory lift and stop the knuckle from fully dropping. This can be simply done by loosening the 2 bolts on each knuckle at the arm mount point. Once both were loose you can push the knuckle down, the bushings will release allowing true downward free float for the install.
[album]1139[/album][album]1140[/album]

Once those steps were completed, we were able to install the rear kit easily.
[album]1136[/album][album]1138[/album][album]1142[/album]

Finally, reconnect the sway bar and recheck the lift kit bolts. Once we lowered the Pioneer we then tighten the rear a-arm/knuckle bolts in there new position.
image.php
image.php

FINAL RESULTS:
We were most impressed with the STRONG MADE Lift Kit. Our "on the ground" measurements showed the front increasing by 2 inches and the rear by 3 inches. Overall what a great value STRONG MADE provides and for the money, you want find a lift kit anywhere that keeps the joints in check while being easy on your wallet.
With 27 inch tires our Pioneer was sitting close to 13.5 inches of clearance in the front and 15 inches of clearance in the rear with the shocks preload set to 2.

LINK's to STRONGMADE.com
STRONG MADE LIFT KIT - $125
Other Strong Made accessories for the Honda Pioneer

Reactions: Kloyd78
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ahhhh...
Stay tuned... We have one to give away come late July!.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We will be giving away this lift kit soon.
Details to be released Sunday 9pm.
Thanks.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I already ordered a set of these last week and they are to be delivered next week! Just what I need with the 27" tires.

Thanks for the write up on what to expect on the install, especially the rear sway bar.

My knuckles are pretty banged up from all the work on the Pioneer these last few weeks, a couple more cuts won't be bad....LOL

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Got my Strong Made Lift Kit today from the Brown Truck and took about 30 min of messing around to install both the front units with my Walker Evans monotube shocks. Install was a piece of cake and looks great, also handles great too.

Will take some pics once I install the rears later on this week....

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Take a pic with a ruler under the diff. Will this kit still fit in a standard garage?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Yeah, I no longer can make it into the car port without smashing the roof now.

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
How tall exactly is it now? Do you have the Honda hard top?

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I finished installing my kit tonight and did not measure the front but the rear at the receiver hitch similar to the photo posted above went from 12.0 inches to 14.75 inches. I am very pleased with the kit but the rear was rather difficult to get the shocks back on without a shock compressor....great deal for a nice lift kit though and Strong Made as well.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
No, I did take off the sway bar but not the knuckle bolts, that probably would have helped as I had a difficult time lowering it enough to reinstall the shocks.

I am going to borrow my buddy's coil spring compressor when I put the two Walker Evans shocks onto the rear so probably will go much easier then.

I like the kit though, nice setup and quality steel, should last a lifetime of abuse!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. The 2 bolts holding the rear knuckle to the a-arm. Just loosen them to relax those bushings. Then you will have plenty of downward play. The 4 inside bolts really did not relax any.

S

SkyPup

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
I love this kit, put about 30 miles on it today cruising around the back 2,400 acres and I feel much better with the increased clearance, handles very nice, noticeable change in height too as no longer fits under the carport, it was a close call before but now about 1.5 inches too tall to make it.

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
Another question did the lift make the pioneer more narrow?

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
yes any lift added to an independent suspension setup will bring the a-frames inward making it narrower how much i dont know for sure

Reactions: strongbuilt

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!