Protecting Inner Frame Tubes from Rust

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I know there have been some discussions on how to protect the inner frame tubes from rust, but I just wanted to reopen the issue and see what all ideas are out there for possibly cleaning up the current rust, and then painting/sealing them for future protection.

I just purchased all the end caps, and before I put them on, I would like to address the situations. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I used a liquid Rust-Oleum and a tube brush on a stick and painted them the best I could. Others say use Fluid-Film. Some just spray the heck out of it. You will never get it all. In fact, You will never get it all. Honda has drilled so many weep holes all over the frame. You will never see or notice many of them but there rusted inside too. Your first deep water ride you will have rust drips for a week. Its normal.
Just don't freak out about it. Your Pioneer will last a lifetime.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!