P700m4 PlastiDip Black Pioneer

I just finished spraying it with PlastiDip.
I personally think it looks really good.

Photo 3 Photo 4 Photo 1 Photo 2

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Re: Vehicle Wraps

WOW.. how much for this? No, I mean how much for you to do this for me? lol.
You did a great job. Black out that HONDA and get some smoke light covers and it will be bad ass.

Plastic dip!
Please enlighten me. I figured it would peal easily.
You will have to keep us updated after a few tight wooded trails.

Reactions: HP700
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: Vehicle Wraps

Took about 30 mins to loosen the clips and mask off the plastic I did not want to spray.
Removed the good and the hood latches. Cleaned it with windex and a dust free cloth.

Took two cans of PlastiDip $6ea at Lowe's.
One roll of masking tape and a free newspaper.

Warmed the plastidip in HOT tap water while I prepped the plastic. Shook it for about 2-3 mins then started on the hood, which I had off to the side, sprayed a light coat left and right then up and down. Moved to each fender did same. Then started cycle back on hood. Finished 1 can let the stuff set for about 20 mins and started cycle where I left off with the second can that had been sitting in the hot tap water. You want it to end up fairly thick, 1/16 of an inch so it offers some protection and will peel off when you get ready for a different color.
(These directions are not on the can but are what people had the most success with as I searched the interwebs)

I let it sit being warmed by (4) 500 watt halogens so it would dry in the cool garage. Had them about 5 feet away so as not to melt the plastic or overheat the coating.

It was about 60F in my garage, 30F outside. I recommend a breathing mask with N95 organic filter if you're going to do it inside a warmed space.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
farmer700 said:
WOW.. how much for this? No, I mean how much for you to do this for me? lol.
You did a great job. Black out that HONDA and get some smoke light covers and it will be bad ass.

You know what they say ....if you have to ask....

Thanks, I just didn't want the red, every other vehicle we own is black, I'm kinda proud it's a Honda and I need the lights to see . Agree it would look bad-A like that though.

If I needed it or just had the money to spend I'd put tracks on it like primeau. That would look awesome!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek, you got me jealous now. I am really starting to like all your mods. Then again, I guess you had to make it match your winch, lol.

I'm going to split this topic into 2 since its not technically a "wrap" .

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good I was having an issue with Tapatalk and couldn't edit anything.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
If someone had ask, i would have said it sounds like a terrible ideal.

In reality, it looks damn good!

Wonder how Rhino liner would look...

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rhino liner would NOT come off but it fades over time, I have it on the fender flares on my Tahoe.
The PlastiDip can be peeled off, and I can redo it. Just wondering how durable its going to be in the woods.

Also I think HONDA should have made/should make a black one. I would buy the plastic as long as it would fit the '14 model.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
Ya, Dont do Rhino liner. I did my racks one time. Through it made for a good texture it faded over time was more a dark gray when I sold it. Plus it was a *itch to redo.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
farmer700 said:
Ya, Dont do Rhino liner. I did my racks one time. Through it made for a good texture it faded over time was more a dark gray when I sold it. Plus it was a *itch to get redo.

Yeah, I did the roofrack I have on my Tahoe and a trailer with RhinoLiner, that was a mistake, now it just gets all over anything I put in it and it looks like crap.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
I suspect that plastic dip will fade if not peel off, but that said any paint would fade and peel. The great thing is, it was fast, inexpensive and easy. So it could be done annually and you would never get tired of the way it looks. Great job I think it looks pretty cool. I bought a green one with the idea that I would paint mine after several trips to the trails and accumulated scratches. Wanting the camo look but hey" happy happy happy black will work too. Sling some mud

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Defiantly gonna peel at some point, I wanted it to be removable. It's cheap and easy enough I can always redo it. If I had a windshield or if it would stop monsooning here I would be testing my winch and paintjob!!!

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Dayum! That looks AWESOME!!!! If you get a chance, could you take some side shots of the complete machine? Look awesome. Much better than I expected! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sek-hunter said:
Dayum! That looks AWESOME!!!! If you get a chance, could you take some side shots of the complete machine? Look awesome. Much better than I expected! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thanks, turned out better than I hoped, I will as soon as it stops pouring down rain.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mpnoonan said:
Looking sharp!! I'm going to finish mine after I finish my switchboard

Thanks, If it hadn't been for you using it on the windshield I would never have known about the product. Apparently it's huge in tuner car circles which I am not found in. There are hundreds of YouTube videos of it peeling off of rims and paint so I gave it a shot. If people will coat a $2M Bugatti with it and trust it to stay and peel off when they want it to, I can coat $250 in plastic with it.

Reactions: Superfan75
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek,
What can you tell us about the texture?
How do you think mud act on it.
Sticking and cleaning it off

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya, Yall got me watching all these dipyourcar video's. Now I'm wanting to do my truck. LOL.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!