2014 Review

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I have had my Pioneer for about 6 months now.

Let me first state I really like it! I use it daily on the farm for everything from seeding to skidding logs! With that said there are a couple of things that Honda needs to rectify in my eyes.

Stock tires have weak sidewalls, cut one on a road I drive daily with my truck! Would hate for that to happen to some one out in the bush!

2nd the speed sensor on the rear axle needs some type of guard, broke it off hooking up a trailor, it is plastic and snapped in the cold with just a brush against it,,headed to my nearest dealer to get a replacement sensor, 45$....and had to have it ordered last Monday.

3rd,,it would be a better work machine if it had a hi/low range!!

Overall very happy other then the above,,,

longbeards
West Virginia

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for your review longbeards.
Glad to here it has served its purpose for you. I think that's what Honda made it for. A dependable all around vehicle for use on the farm, woods, or trail.

Sorry to read about the speed sensor. I looked at mine today. Hope your dealer gets it to you soon.

Thanks.

C

cuthbert1962

Dec 20, 2013
I have had my 700-4 for about a year now and must say after the initial adjustment period (coming from my old '98 450 foreman) I must say I love this machine. We have been on a number of deep woods adventures carrying up to 4 people and a dog plus all our gear for a 3 day trip and the pioneer has impressed both myself and my passengers. Dog didn't say much but he looked happy enough. Only thing I would say I have had issues with would be the soft front suspension when traveling in the woods. I have bottomed out a few times quite hard as the front end dipped with weight shift when going into a low spot in the trail which required braking. I have changed the tires up to 27 inch mud bugs and have done some suspension mods which have greatly improved this issue. You need the stiffer suspension on front if you are going to hook up a plow cuz those 72 inch plows are heavy. Oh also used it for spreading a load of gravel this summer and it had more than enough power for the task

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!