Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This is for official group rides the volunteer Guides can list in one place for Wednesday, May 29th through Saturday June 1st 2024.
I will try to update this post and the next two reserved posts for Group Rides by day / date.

If you want to Guide a group all volunteers appreciated, just start a conversation with me with the particulars and will share below accordingly.

THURSDAY, MAY 30TH 2024
@Vondy
Thursday - JELLICO/TACKETT LOOP

Easy to moderate ride. Leaving from Rock Ridge Campground at 9:30.

Will be riding road up to Jellico area and hit water trail, Primroy arch, Triple Arch cave, and Rooster Cone Overlook. Time permitting we will then will head towards Tackett and hit the popular sights there. Leave with full tank of fuel, have lunch and drinks for the day. I have 5 machines in our group going and welcome more to join us.

Also.,...

@JACKAL - Guided Ride through New River Unit. Easy- Moderate trails, showroom stock machine OK / family friendly trails. Depart 10AM SHARP / RRB STAGE. Recommend to pack snacks / lunch. Approximately 80 miles 8 Hr. Ride with several stops at overlooks and a waterfall, and stop at Smokey Junction / Hembry Bologna Store for sandwiches / ice cream in afternoon

I don't have a saved route for this yet as my older tracks include the now shuttered Eternal Flame, the Dean Mine Road is no longer a valid route for a family friendly group of any size when muddy and is not easy dry, so I will try to share a proper route for this ride before the week of Takeover. Check back here for the .GPX file for an accurate route in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Saved for updated Fri Ride list

Friday, May 31st 2024

@JACKAL - Brushy Mountain Prison Loop approximately 120 miles. Depart 9AM SHARP RRB Stage- 2.5 Hrs to BMP - 3Hrs at BMP for tour / lunch / gift shop - 5-6 Hrs. back by trail. Return Approximately 8-9 PM. Easy Trails/ Family friendly. Recommended for those who have never been.

The return trails route is 80% different from the past 3 years, less pavement / less gravel & more trails with Mill Creek Waterfall on edge near Brimstone.

The attached route starts and ends near Shoney's in Caryville, does not cover from RRB to Caryville but easy to figure out, I have a guided group on May 5th that I will update / replace this route it will start and end at RRB General Store.

Attachments

• Careyville to Train, BMP, New Return Route.gpx
    629.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Saved for updated Sat Ride list

Saturday June 1st 2024

@JACKAL - Guided Trail Ride Depart 10 AM Return by 5PM Sundquist Waterfall Loop approximately 55 miles and 6 waterfalls 6-7 hour ride with several stops. Easy Trails subject to not having heavy rains during week prior.

I do not have a track for this loop that departs and returns from RRB as that changes the direction I would go. I will run this route in the next 2 weeks and share it here for anyone who wants to do it themselves.

Official Takeover get together 6PM at RRB Stage area.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
GPS TRACKS
Attached to this post, I will share the tracks of several good saved routes for the Guided Rides. Only the Primroy Arch route has some hard trails but nothing a stock machine could not handle.

These are .gpx files that you can copy and paste into your Tracks or Tracklog folder then can use as a Route for navigation.

Attachments

• Careyville to Train, BMP, New Return Route.gpx
    629.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Primroy Arch, Triple Arch, JC Cave, Tackett Cabin, MC OL, NB waterfall. __20230601_0920.gpx
    616.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Exit 141 to RB and NR Loop 89 miles.gpx
    615.8 KB · Views: 9
  • N.R. Train, Brushy MP, Flame__20220606_0858.gpx
    650.9 KB · Views: 8
  • NR Store Gobey Nemo Hembry __20221015_0857.gpx
    922.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 2021-09-06 1021 Gobey & Brushy loop 135 Miles __20210906_1021.gpx
    890.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Saved for updated Fri Ride list

Friday, May 31st 2024

@JACKAL - Brushy Mountain Prison Loop approximately 120 miles. Depart 9AM SHARP RRB Stage- 2.5 Hrs to BMP - 3Hrs at BMP for tour / lunch / gift shop - 5-6 Hrs back by trail. Return Approximately 8-9 PM. Easy Trails/ Family friendly. Recommended for those who have never been.
I’m definitely in for Friday. @Backwoods …opposite direction of Tackett Creek.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Saturday June 1st 2024

@JACKAL - Guided Trail Ride Depart 10 AM Return by 5PM Sundquist Waterfall Loop approximately 55 miles and 6 waterfalls 6-7 hour ride with several stops. Easy Trails subject to not having heavy rains during week prior.

I do not have a track for this loop that departs and returns from RRB as that changes the direction I would go. I will run this route in the next 2 weeks and share it here for anyone who wants to do it themselves.

The ole "silver ride" ! Good luck on this one!

Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Saturday June 1st 2024

This sounds fun! Can a KRX make it? 🤔

advertisement
KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
P500,s what ya say we have a ride Friday or Sat of the micro wieners together, aint asking for easy, I like it rough, like @Backwoods

Friday is typically the P5 ride; dunno about this year.

As far as I know, Friday was the plan.
I will start us a thread on it like last year, so we can coordinate a plan.

Here:

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
@JACKAL

Thursday - JELLICO/TACKETT LOOP

Easy to moderate ride. Leaving from Rock Ridge Campground at 9:30.

Will be riding road up to Jellico area and hit water trail, Primroy arch, Triple Arch cave, and Rooster Cone Overlook. Time permitting we will then will head towards Tackett and hit the popular sights there. Leave with full tank of fuel, have lunch and drinks for the day. I have 5 machines in our group going and welcome more to join us.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!