P700 Blue Fluid

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
As many know I bought this SXS to use in the winter with snow-- welp my Honda has 2 miles on it.. and today we got 5" of snow-- turning to rain now.. but wanted to try the rig out..and noticed when I parked it.. blue fluid was on the snow.. is this normal? Assume it pushed out some radiator fluid.

Thanks everyone- still getting the plow hang of it down.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's not normal. But sometimes it can be little too full and snow plowing will heat up the beast.
I would keep and eye on it till you know more where it came from.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The thermostat housing is a very common leak point on new machines.
I don't recall the title of the threads, but we have some pictures and repairs on the site.

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh crap! is it just because it's new? or? Where should I look? Should I have more blue fluid on hand? (if so what's it called)

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The blue fluid is Honda engine coolant. I am not sure if it is the same as the Honda Automotive stuff. But I would be comfortable with Honda automotive/car stuff vs regular green antifreeze.
Here is one thread, with another link inside to another members issue.

P700 - 2018 coolant leak

Reactions: Montecresto
DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok I'll keep an eye on it , mines a 2018 and such.

Where can I buy coolant online?

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Awesome! Thank you -- I'm in remote NH so this will help I'll keep it filled (once I locate the bottle) and keep an eye on it till I can get it back in if it's a Tstat leaking..

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
UPDATE:
I've got some honda antifreeze and added it to MAX line. and I made the overfill hose go thru the floor (it is now going thru the hole which was right next to the hose. It now seems to cough out that tube a little fluid- if this normal? I'm still just under max fill now. dealer said keep an eye on it. but I don't see any leaking hoses or thermostat seal leaks. 2018 700 2p dlx with now 3 miles on the ODO. I did go down my private road at 11 MPH and it shifter into a higher gear- HA!

Dealer is an hour away and I use the pickup service they use its 100 bucks for them to pick up and take it - reason why I'm relying on your comments. I'm thinking it's just a break in thing.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep an eye on it while going thru break in. If you choose to have your dealer do the first service, have them check it out then. It isn't worth $100 right now to have it inspected.

Reactions: Mudwing and DAIII
ReidMcT

ReidMcT

Lifetime Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hunt, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is what Honda recommends for the Pioneer lines.
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-08C50-C321S02-Coolant-Ready-quart/dp/B0039OTLRW/?tag=sxsweb24-20

If I were in a pinch, I would use the following.
https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-Long-Life-Coolant/dp/B006YX9YZE/?tag=sxsweb24-20

I have not downloaded the MSDS to compare the 2 fluids.
Having read in innumerable places that the ingredients are exactly the same, other than sometimes a color difference, I am confident that the only real differences are the packaging and the price.

At the Amazon links above, the comparison is $13.98 for one quart versus $21 for one gallon. So, unless you only ever need a single quart, it will be cheaper to buy the gallon version. I have two gallon jugs in my shop right now.

Reactions: Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should only fill to "max" when the engine is warm or at 2 bars. Max cold could give you some drops from overflow tubing.
Keep an eye on it and have fun working it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
UPDATE:
I've got some honda antifreeze and added it to MAX line. and I made the overfill hose go thru the floor (it is now going thru the hole which was right next to the hose. It now seems to cough out that tube a little fluid- if this normal? I'm still just under max fill now. dealer said keep an eye on it. but I don't see any leaking hoses or thermostat seal leaks. 2018 700 2p dlx with now 3 miles on the ODO. I did go down my private road at 11 MPH and it shifter into a higher gear- HA!

Dealer is an hour away and I use the pickup service they use its 100 bucks for them to pick up and take it - reason why I'm relying on your comments. I'm thinking it's just a break in thing.
Are you saying you extended the hose to go through the floor? Did you mean skidplate? We're talking about the overflow vent tube on the coolant bottle at the front of the machine, correct?

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
the hose- was sitting on top of the plate and just next to it was a circle hole in that area.. I just moved it and it extended past the skid about 1/2 " to 1" I didn't add anything here. ( just moved it)

I'd have to follow the overflow vent tube - now that you mention it-- this hose seems to be in front of engine area I assumed it was some type of overflow.

I lifted the seat, on passenger side, if you look down just in front of the engine side facing the front of sxs. Seemed to have a thicker rubber end.

I never thought that hose could possibly need to be connected to someplace - just assumed it was an over flow.

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
I found this on a quick google search--(don't quote me) but it seems like this is what I'm talking about..

7:
HOSE, DRAIN 19507-HN8-010

2017 Honda Pioneer 700

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm pretty sure thats the place, yes.

Well, you do have a couple choices.
1-Bring it in soon under warranty.
2-Keep an eye on it and bring it in under warranty at first service.
3-Fix it yourself

If it was me, I’d probably keep an eye on it, top off overflow tank as necessary, gather parts and fix when it got worse or when I got time. You really want to make sure that’s where it’s leaking from or you’ll do a lot of work for nothing.
It’s your call. Keep us in the loop.

Reactions: ReidMcT
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!