P700 2018 coolant leak

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Fist time out for a real ride only like 5 miles or so . Coolant leaking i can see it on the frame but cant see were its coming from . Coolant bottle very low .
Didnt have alot of time to look . Thinking filling up and letting ot run and should be able to see it . Hope just lose clamp !

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe this is somewhat common.
Your leak may be coming from the thermostat area. A few other owners have reported that the housing may not be installed properly.
Seeing as you are a 2018, and more than likely under warranty. Drop it off at the dealer and let them sort it. This definitely should have been caught during their prep.

Reactions: Mudwing
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Loose hose clamp is usually the culprit and some newer models have a thermostat o-ring that was put in on a Monday.
And Welcome to the forum....

Reactions: Mudwing and jinx
Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Loose hose clamp is usually the culprit and some newer models have a thermostat o-ring that was put in on a Monday.
And Welcome to the forum....
Thanks ! Lets hope so 5min fix would be great !

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Your leak may be coming from the thermostat area. A few other owners have reported that the housing may not be installed properly.
Seeing as you are a 2018, and more than likely under warranty. Drop it off at the dealer and let them sort it. This definitely should have been caught during their prep.
I really dont want to take it in .
I really dont want to take it in . The place i bought it from im not happy with !
Should have went else where to buy !
Long story but will not buy from them again .

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You do not need to return it to that dealer for service.
But, you did pay them to prep the vehicle. I would go in and ask for a refund. They obviously did not do that properly.
I may be wrong, and hopefully someone else will confirm/deny. But I believe the Pioneers are shipped with empty cooling systems. They may be model specific though. IE 1000 are dry, 500/700 are full etc.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would try to locate the leak. Then see if you wanted to fix or take in. My ‘17 leaks at the t-stat housing(tiny bit). And as soon as the weather breaks I’m going to replace the gasket. About $13 and some intimate time with the 7 hund!

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I did a big write up on coolant leak fix. It is somewhat common, on 2017 models for sure. I have a 2017 and it had very few miles, under 75 and I had a leak. The problem was in the thermostat housing. The gasket has a defect. If I can find my thread where I wrote up the fix procedures I will post it. It has a picture of the problem gasket. I have had no problems since..

Becht313

Becht313

Dec 31, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got 2 seals on order...2017 7004-4 deluxe.

Brought it to the dealer end of last year. They said loose clamp. Guess what...still leaks
Out of warranty.

Thanks to the forum I should be fixed up by the end of the week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Becht313

Becht313

Dec 31, 2016
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-4
Installed the new seal, rechecked all hose clamps, cleaned residue...so far so good!
Ran the hell out of her to test the new terrabites and the smell of cooking coolant is gone! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Yeah my neighbor just got a 18 model thermostat leaking on it as well damn shame spend that much money and they don’t check it out first they know this is common by now

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!