P700 Help with leak

J

jer_wag

Dec 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
My brakes were making a funny noise so I was looking under my 700 and found a leak. Not sure if related. See photo, any help appreciated.

D6A70ACB D8CF 4FAE B279 352B2AFF73F9

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree with @Glock21user about the front prop shaft seal leak. Check your vent tube to the front differential to make sure it isn’t plugged. Over pressurizing the case can cause that. Also if there is grass or something wrapped around the shaft it may jeopardize the seal. If it all check out and still leaks than it will need to be replaced. 😉

J

jer_wag

Dec 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree with @Glock21user about the front prop shaft seal leak. Check your vent tube to the front differential to make sure it isn’t plugged. Over pressurizing the case can cause that. Also if there is grass or something wrapped around the shaft it may jeopardize the seal. If it all check out and still leaks than it will need to be replaced. 😉
I really appreciate the reply, you guys are great! Where is the vent tube? Is it in the diagram above?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I really appreciate the reply, you guys are great! Where is the vent tube? Is it in the diagram above?
It’s part number 65. It attaches under the hood into the square tubing via a plastic push nipple. With the fill cap off the differential, remove the tube and blow. There should be no pressure build up. It’s a small tube so you’ll get some resistance. Then check the push nipple into the frame. How many miles? How old?😎

Reactions: Glock21user
J

jer_wag

Dec 17, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
It’s part number 65. It attaches under the hood into the square tubing via a plastic push nipple. With the fill cap off the differential, remove the tube and blow. There should be no pressure build up. It’s a small tube so you’ll get some resistance. Then check the push nipple into the frame. How many miles? How old?😎
I’ll try it tonight. Under 1000 hrs. Basically a golf cart and an occasional trip to the mountains. We don’t submerge in mud or tear it up.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ll try it tonight. Under 1000 hrs. Basically a golf cart and an occasional trip to the mountains. We don’t submerge in mud or tear it up.
Dang, 1000 hours. It might be a worn seal then. Still check it all out before buying parts. Good luck 🍀😎

Reactions: Glock21user

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!