Custom Switch Panel

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I might be interested in one. I am putting on some front and rear lights, a heater, a winch, and a wiper (MN weather). Five is my immediate need for switches. I also control an electric seeder and a sprayer - but that could plug into the furnished 12 volt accessory plug. Are you planning to offer the whole package?.....or just the plate? I'd rather buy the "package". :D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
foggy said:
I might be interested in one. I am putting on some front and rear lights, a heater, a winch, and a wiper (MN weather). Five is my immediate need for switches. I also control an electric seeder and a sprayer - but that could plug into the furnished 12 volt accessory plug. Are you planning to offer the whole package?.....or just the plate? I'd rather buy the "package". :D

Not sure about that, with variances in switch uses and accessory connection locations. I could offer the parts but not a universal harness and that is what I am assuming you are really looking for.

I am using the following so if this will work for you I'm sure I could copy it easy enough. Cost would be more and I'd want payment upfront. Probably be about $200-250 (for 8switches suckers aren't cheap) for all materials and a little beer money for me.

(Don't worry I'll drink it after I finish the wiring!)

--------------------------
Front light bar at roof level

Windshield wiper.(modding a rear window wiper and just having on off and momentary.)

Dome lights

Rear lights (roof level)

Marine amp (behind dash somewhere)

Aux 1 (sprayer) run to rear near bed level

Aux 2 ( just in case) run to rear near bed level

Aux 3 run to rear near bed level
(Reversible polarity circuit momentary on- off- momentary on) for up-down on a Kolpin Dirtworx implement.

On an 8 circuit ATM fuseblock
(same fuses as under hood honda fuse block)
Using 1 fuse for all added Lights
Using 1 fuse for wiper
Using 1 fuse each for Aux1-3
Leaves me the option to add other circuits.

Also running a 70amp relay over a 10ga bus wire from under the seat to the under hood area, triggered by the ignition so I don't leave a dome light on during the day and have a dead battery.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
I want one just like your final design. I don't need the usb hole drilled, I think I can find one that will fit in a slot for switches. If not I can drill one myself. Thanks again. PM when you are ready for the money and shipping info.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
Ohana, is this switchboard interface compatible with the "plug n' go" honda accessories? How tough will it be to connect if not?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2thpir8 said:
Ohana, is this switchboard interface compatible with the "plug n' go" honda accessories? How tough will it be to connect if not?

No, but a basic understanding of electrical wiring should get you by except for the Honda wiper. Not sure how that is wired.

The switches SHOULD fit these holes. I thing BigRiver has bought the Honda panel and is going to relocate the switches. Not making any promises.

If you don't understand it, it'd be far less frustration, and less likely to damage your new ride to buy the Honda panel. I just did not like the location or the price for the limitation of half as many accessories.

Once I get my harness made I'll take pics and detail what it took.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
Re:

ohanacreek said:
No, but a basic understanding of electrical wiring should get you by except for the Honda wiper. Not sure how that is wired.

The switches SHOULD fit these holes. I thing BigRiver has bought the Honda panel and is going to relocate the switches. Not making any promises.

If you don't understand it, it'd be far less frustration, and less likely to damage your new ride to buy the Honda panel. I just did not like the location or the price for the limitation of half as many accessories.

Once I get my harness made I'll take pics and detail what it took.

okay cool. My F-I-L is an electrician so I'm thinkin' he can handle it if I can't. Thanks for the info

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am about to order my plate to check for fit will have pics as soon as I get it and install the initials bits into it and confirm clearances.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered my initial switchplate from the plastics company I use.
It was $41.23 plus local tax, I will be posting pics next week when it comes in.( plastic thickness is on order)
I am only ordering 1 to check fit initially.

Attached is the layout I used.

Attachments

• Pioneer SwitchPlate.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 326
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Attachments

• usb-5vs[1].jpg
    usb-5vs[1].jpg
    12 KB · Views: 870
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
Finally found a Waterproof Dual-port USB charger that i liked.
pioneer-accessories-and-modifications-f48/usb-power-ports-t347.html#p1773

Nice I keep adding accessories and I'm running out of room to put them. For now I'm using a cig lighter plug-in dual port USB, it's not water resistant when it's in use anyway. Although I think what you found is prob the most water resistant I've seen.

Looking for a good,CHEAP dome light for the early morning trips to the deer stand/turkey blind.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Nice usb port hondasxs! Ohanacreek, could your plastics guy go ahead and cut the hole for the usb port hondasxs found? Btw Ohanacreek, I know it is fairly tacky, but for now I am using one of those lights with the adhesive backing and you push the lens to turn it on. I am getting too old to hit the bumps fast, so it has worked for me for now, but I am also looking for a dome light and will let you know if I find anything. Although... If you call within the next ten minutes we will double your order for free...just pay shipping and handling...HA!HA! Seriously, they should have a light built in with those overhead console stereo systems, it would be a simple and smart way for the aftermarket guys to charge another 50 bucks.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
It's not a cheap way out, but I am going to try to use the overhead speaker bar out of my jeep wrangler that I am parting out. It has a dome light built in it. We will have to see if I can make it work after I get my roof.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brian: I am picking up the test piece today, I can if I have a hole diameter to specify.

Jerry: I thought about that and was wondering if a jeep bar would work. I saw on a rzr forum where guys were using 5.25" speakers mounted in 6"PVC.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally!! got the Panel in, fits perfectly( should've I measured 70 times 7 times and gave them a CAD drawing to cut from) and the dash was a breeze to cut with a jigsaw.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll order more.

FYI there is so much room behind the row of switches I am ordering the sockets to ease maintenance if I ever have to swap a switch.

A lot cleaner than 40 crimp connections.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380933772.924553.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380933772.924553.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,080
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380933938.876262.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380933938.876262.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,054
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
ohanacreek,
Sign me up!
That looks nice. A lot better then that Honda switch plate taking up space I want to keep.
Thank you for working on this for the Pioneer community. I'm sure about all of us will take one. lol

How does the plat stay put? is it glued?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Your right. Perfect fit. lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380933772.png
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380933772.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,044
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs said:
ohanacreek,
Sign me up!
That looks nice. A lot better then that Honda switch plate taking up space I want to keep.
Thank you for working on this for the Pioneer community. I'm sure about all of us will take one. lol

How does the plat stay put? is it glued?

No problem, I wanted something better and didn't want to wait forever for it.

Final product will have 6 screw holes I am going to use stainless Allen head screws.i didn't know exactly where I could put them so I waited till I had a physical piece to test fit first.

If anyone wants one go to the following link ,provide payment & shipping info and I will order as many as have paid me by noon next Friday. Lead time is about a week, shipping will vary I'll be using USPS. I'm only charging what it cost me to order, ship and pickup the parts nothing extra.

https://squareup.com/market/ohanacreek/ ... witchplate

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!