ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it hooked up and wired.

Only the bed mount sprayer is operational.
Lights and radio are still on order.

Lower lights and Voltmeter light (it's dim) turn on with headlamp switch.

Upper lights turn on when accessory is on.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381205246.759939.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381205246.759939.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,826
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381205261.876698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381205261.876698.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,732
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381205296.091796.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381205296.091796.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,431
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just finished the wiring front to back for the panel took me a solid 5 hours, 2 rolls of black electrical tape, @75 crimp connectors that I then soldered and heat shrunk, 35' of high heat loom, 10-25'rools of color coded 14Ga wire, 2-10' rolls of 10ga wire, 1-40amp 30' 8ga power lead, 1-8 circuit ATM fuseblock water resistant, 70amp relay, 2-30amp relays, 3-10ga 2way connectors, 6-14ga 2 way connectors(eases roof removal and switch panel removal, @100 zip ties , 2 cheap dome lights (front and back), 1 roll of double sided automotive 3M water resistant emblem tape, 1- roll of solder and a can of liquid electrical tape.

I have a 2-20 amp circuits run to the very rear by the hitch.
1-30 amp circuit run to the mid panel with relay. Dome light and rear lights run to the mid panel at cage level then back along perimeter of roof.

3 circuits up front.

The switches have illumination for dash lights and activation notification. I have the dash light portion tied into the headlamp switch wiring I included a 30 amp relay hear so as to semi isolate the lighting circuit from other possible power sources.

The wire that the Honda panel uses from the underhood fuse block activates the 70 amp relay and deactivates all accessories when the ignition is off( just like Honda does)The 70 amp relay just slides into the fuseblock area under the hood and is protected there.

The 40 amp fuse and 8ga wire is from a car stereo kit from an auto parts store.

The 30 amp relay is for the mid panel aux circuit as the switches are only rated for 20 amps.

All my lighting is/will be LED.

I am adding a LED dimmer (4$ on amazon) to the dash light portion of the switches because the blue LEDs are crazy bright.

All total I spent probably @$200-225 BUT I have 8 circuits, one being high amp draw that Honda panel could not support, run where I need them and in a place where I can reach them without stoping.

I will NOT be including any wiring harnesses with the switch panels, but will gladly share what I learned from my install if anyone decides to do something similar.

Most of my materials were sourced online from amazon, otrattw.com, DelCity, and Dans Performance, with a few trip to the local auto parts store.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am placing the order for the plates tomorrow at noon.

Attachments

• Yamaha-Viking-VIi-285.png
    Yamaha-Viking-VIi-285.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 1,110
BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Order placed, Thanks ohannacreek

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Am I too late to get on the order today? I completely forgot to pull the trigger?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Chops, no I got busy today and didn't have a chance to order them, am going to first thing Monday morning.

R

ranchhand77

Aug 19, 2013
Ohanacreek - Just ordered your cover plate, and I don't even have my Pioneer 700-4 yet! Kinda putting the cart before the horse as I am still waiting for the horse to arrive. I think I can get a general idea from the photos which switches you purchased, but I am not a electrical guy, can you tell me exactly which switches you got? When I look on the OTRATTW web site, there are so many configurations that I can not make heads or tails of it. Also, now that you have them installed, would you opt for different switches now that you have seen them in action?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ranchhand thanks, I would NOT recommend getting the Blue LEDs they are about as bright as the sun. Get one of the other incandescent colors Red, Green, Amber.
but seeing as I already have 3 almost $20 switches, I am adding a 4$ led dimmer from Amazon. Otherwise the switches are great.

http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZCM8-500
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZC77-5RR
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZC51-5BA
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZCIP-500
http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=VVPZC12-5LB

if you want to be able to have dash lights so that you can tell which switch is which in the dark pick a switch that has independent lights you can connect them to the Honda Headlight light circuit it is easy to get to.
The dependent lights will be on when the power is on to the accessory.

R

rlthomas

Oct 6, 2013
Just wanted to say that you have a excellent idea with the custom switch panel. I will be shocked if some future models don't copy your idea. Once I get my hands on the pioneer I will definitely be ordering one. Very nice job

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rlthomas said:
Just wanted to say that you have a excellent idea with the custom switch panel. I will be shocked if some future models don't copy your idea. Once I get my hands on the pioneer I will definitely be ordering one. Very nice job

Thanks I wondered why Honda didn't use that space anyway would have been ideal to have slots pre-made in the dash ready for switches. Wouldn't have cost them an hours worth of programming in CAD and at their cost maybe a $100 for wire and components to add to the factory harness.

I'll be posting a more detailed install walkthrough when I get the majority of my accessories installed in the next few weeks as they trickle in.

C

ChadC

Oct 17, 2013
I'm really looking forward to this project for my 700-4. Will you be placing another order for the plates as you get more interest?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ChadC said:
I'm really looking forward to this project for my 700-4. Will you be placing another order for the plates as you get more interest?

Chad, use a connection at work cut these for me. Just so everyone knows I'm not making any money off this just covering the costs associated with getting it and sending it out. If you are in a hurry and really want it NOW, I will order one for the additional cost (1 at a time is about $9 more) and ship out 2nd day delivery which is extra, but I wanted to be transparent with everyone.

I will start a new order as soon as I have 5 orders, takes @3 days to work into the cutting queue and I will send out the Monday following completion.

Link is in my forum signature, the different order options are in there.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
OOohhh.. Colorful.
This is very helpful. I have some time this week. May clean it up. lol.
Right now all I need is a winch switch but do plan on running others and need to keep in under control, this will work.

Few questions.
What gauge wire you using?
What bus are you using to split the positive? (or did i miss that part!)

Thanks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made a new buss off the battery using an 8ga speaker power wire.
Used the 70a relay to cut power when ignition is off just like the Honda panel.
The 40a relay mislabeled as a 30a is for the aux circuit to the mid panel, carling switches are rated for 20a
Circuit wire is 12ga.

Ground points are under right front fender at reg/rect and under right rear footwell at factory ground point.
My harness is run to the rear along the main frame rail, up ABOVE the gastank( allows a short run to the battery and mid panel.
All is in loom, only crimped connections are at switches and ground connection( hard to get to with an iron to solder once I zipped the harness to the frame.

Going to add the carling switch connectors when the other switches come in, they were on back order.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!