Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Snorkels mainly for traversing in water ways. Correct. Thats the main subject on this forum. Dust is fine. I do have an air filter. But don't get off subject.
Is someone feeling sensitive?
No where at all did your post mention water crossing only.
But hey let us know how you levitate there inquiring members want to know.
You will always be cleaning the air filter but I don't want to get off subject.
On a side note getting off subject, it is good you don't play in the trees.
Not sure that would last long.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Drilled a 2 inch bulkhead fitting in stock air box for additional two inch snorkel. One snorkel alone was restricting the flow . Using shop vac 2 inch vacuum hoses for bends. Still need to clean up clamps. With tire pressure at 25 psi. GPS reads 42 mph.
View attachment 391502
🤔.... I'm not too familiar with your particular riding areas in Arizona but....... 🏜️🤷‍♂️ Is there a possibility of snagging that on something mid trail? From my water/swampy crossing experiences, snorkeling is always best done up high and closest to the center as possible. Exposed like that you might want to consider installing a head on the ends so as to avoid possible splashing........

My 2 cents...

Also, 25 psi???😳 Your roads must get really flooded.....😬

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That being said it doesn’t look very much taller than the stock intake location. Take some pics of your water crossings so we can see it in action!

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can see that. But at armpit level it seems it would ingest a lot of dust.
Yes it would and that's why I don't do it that way. Plus in this case didn't do much IMO. Not much higher than the stock height behind the passenger. A lot of work for a little gain. As long as it is worth it to him. You almost can't tell mine is there. I didn't do it because I use it as a boat. It was for just in case.

20210228 150143

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes it would and that's why I don't do it that way. Plus in this case didn't do much IMO. Not much higher than the stock height behind the passenger. A lot of work for a little gain. As long as it is worth it to him. You almost can't tell mine is there. I didn't do it because I use it as a boat. It was for just in case.

View attachment 391609
Looks good that way.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!