P1000 Heat from seat

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I have a 24 1000/5 deluxe my first honda sxs .
Is it normal for heat to be coming from seat between bottom and back of seat when riding?
It is noticeably warm on my behind, it’s not even summer.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, it is normal, and a well known thing, just like EVERY other SxS, where you are sitting on top of the engine.
Ranger
Can-Am
General
BUT, there are some things that can be done to help.
Quick shield, and under seat fan/bilge fan
If you had a 3 seater, you can remove the engine and trans covers under the bed.
Really helped with my heat.
IF you are moving at a good speed, the heat gets pushed out the back.
Most trails and farm work, you are not moving fast enough to move the heat out.
Heat rises, and you are sitting on top of the engine.
That is why, if you read the other forums you see they do it as well, add some form of fan to blow the heat out the back.
Have a good day

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Agreed it’s normal. I didn’t do anything to eliminate it because it’s not a big deal in northern WI. I enjoy it 9 months out of the year. The other 3 months it’s really only too hot for a couple days.

A flip up windshield helps a lot

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed it’s normal. I didn’t do anything to eliminate it because it’s not a big deal in northern WI. I enjoy it 9 months out of the year. The other 3 months it’s really only too hot for a couple days.

A flip up windshield helps a lot
I switch my fan off for the winter, but it is definitely on for the summer!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is normal when you're on top of the engine. Add the Kawi Teryx 4 to the list above of hot seat rides.

The two fairly easy solutions are 1) heat shields under the seats - especially right behind your butt cheeks, which seems to be the hottest part; and 2) a fan under the seat to blow the heat from the headers out of the back.

I have a reversible switch on my 7" radiator fan under the seat. I can use it to blow the heat out of the back and someday I'll finish installing the vents so I can blow the heat into the cab in the winter. I don't use heat shields, just the fan.

Search this site and you'll find a number of write ups about how to do either or both.

Good luck.

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Mine is 2024 the heat shield material doesn’t fit 24 models it has one open hole in center has a thin plastic cover . I am sure that would be the place to mount a fan . Insulation maybe on underside of cover .
Does anyone have a radiator fan information ? Send me a link where to purchase

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mine is 2024 the heat shield material doesn’t fit 24 models it has one open hole in center has a thin plastic cover . I am sure that would be the place to mount a fan . Insulation maybe on underside of cover .
Does anyone have a radiator fan information ? Send me a link where to purchase
What heat shield material doesn't fit?

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Quick shield , really any kind of mat material unless you line the boxes on sides

W

willieronk

Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
MT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same problem and started with the heat Quick Shield. Good guy to deal with. I found that some silver blanket fine tuning helped around the seat belt holes.

T

tbounds02

Dec 27, 2023
Ms
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I only have the single cover in the middle the sides are open bins

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only have the single cover in the middle the sides are open bins
It doesn't matter what your under seat configuration is, trays, storage bins, open space, flea circus, etc. The trigger shield lays overtop any of it.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No glue or trimming required, seat latches just fine. Hardest part is getting the seat back screws lined back up after install.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!