Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey @CumminsPusher , remember back when we first endured this debate. Seems like everyone on that i4wd bandwagon back then now has a KRX. Interesting ain't it.
Not everyone, some know how to use the I-4WD, it does prefer being driven a certain way. Those who can do those who couldn't KRX 🤷‍♂️

advertisement
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems to happen when they get a front tire off the ground crawling rock ledges and when the I-4WD takes over it throws the front end over off of intended line and there stuck?????
Could be wrong here, as I said, I'm no expert, but I try to be logical. Either machine, one front wheel off the ground, should behave the same. The front diff is locked on one so the in-the-air wheel will turn as fast as the on-the-ground wheel. With the i4WD, the in-the-air wheel will be stopped while power is applied to the opposite front wheel. In this situation, what would cause either machine to pull off to either side more than the other?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Could be wrong here, as I said, I'm no expert, but I try to be logical. Either machine, one front wheel off the ground, should behave the same. The front diff is locked on one so the in-the-air wheel will turn as fast as the on-the-ground wheel. With the i4WD, the in-the-air wheel will be stopped while power is applied to the opposite front wheel. In this situation, what would cause either machine to pull off to either side more than the other?
You tell me, I'm at a loss, the tire that was off the ground was spinning and the one that had contact wasn't pulling, when it finally adjusted and you know the rest. Been thinking about the air in the brake system causing the I 4WD to react slow??????????????? Another member stated this?

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was thinking about trading in my 21 on the 22 trail but I'm curious about the i4wd. My deluxe doesn't have it and I can't get the trail without it. I use my pioneer in my woods often climbing steep grades where you need all 4 wheels pulling and even then sometimes that isn't enough. Will the i4wd do that or is it not actually a locker in the front and rear?
Diff-Lock is king! I-4wd has its place but is not a suitable replacement.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!