Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think we can all agree that our pioneers could use a bit more power. So far I've installed the yoshimura exhaust and switched to 91 octane fuel ( not sure the fuel gave any more power but it seems to make it run better)and will probably get a k&n intake soon. I'm wondering what are some tips/tricks/parts you guys have used successfully to get some more power? And what "power adders" have you tried that did not work? Could something as simple as a spark plug make a difference? Intake modifications? I would like to hear any and all suggestions!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I would loose the stock intake filter and cadge. more importantly there is a big wall in the intake boot at the throttle body end. you can remove it with a sheet rock knife without hurting the integrity of the boot. unfortunately higher compression and a fuel controller is what is needed to wake that thing up. an 11.5:1 piston and a gen 4 controller.

. you need to make it breath squish it harder and control the fuel ratio. I think the stock exhaust would be fine with a new end cap.

Reactions: Smitty335
Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
You can look at my post pioneer 700 supercharged for some idea's as well as spifyd post on Turbo charging. Both work. higher octane fuel doesn't do anything for stock compression engine. Higher octane fuel is needed to stop preignition if you had higher compression. I don't have any faith that a spark plug can make any difference in power output. I 've seen no evidence that shows that. I know getting more air in works, ie K&N filter, different intake, turbo or blower inline and less exhaust restriction. Don't buy a Big Gun exhaust unless they've redesigned it. Look at my post on Big Gun exhaust to see what I experienced.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks Lynn. I saw your post on the big gun system, that sucks. I already have the yoshimura system installed and it does have a mid point mount just like the stock pipe has. I have been following your supercharger project and spifyd's turbo build. The turbo build is a little out of my comfort zone but the supercharger is something I'm considering. Thanks again for your input and keep up the good posts!

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Notice the 35' Nortec boat with 4 300HP motors upside down. It hit the house about 11' in the air over the weekend. It happened at 11pm (darkness) in an area with a 30mph speed limit and the driver was charged with BWI. BTW...eight passengers, none died, 3 remain in hospital.

The best comment I read in the forums was "obviously the problem was the 4 motors. If he had 5, he would have cleared the house".... You just cannot make that kind of genius up.

8ffe63a6581a3722a48cd7b182b1b440