OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow , sounds like a great time. They have nothing like that around here in Washington. We enjoy camping but they have limited atv trails here. Too many tree hugers I guess? Well you all have fun and happy trails.

Reactions: Tflynn
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna check at work to see if I qualify for vacation time by then. Donna is already looking at reservations. This is gonna be good!!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Wow this looks like an awesome time! My wife and I are looking into it! So I got a question on the riding and weekend....my kids ride on two Honda TRX 90's....would they be able to ride also? Or I should plan on them either riding with me or I could just leave them at home but they typically go with me to the off-road parks! Almost 20 years ago I was in this area (Daniel Boone national forest) for a jeep event and have wanted to make it back ever since! I really hope it works out for us!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wow this looks like an awesome time! My wife and I are looking into it! So I got a question on the riding and weekend....my kids ride on two Honda TRX 90's....would they be able to ride also? Or I should plan on them either riding with me or I could just leave them at home but they typically go with me to the off-road parks! Almost 20 years ago I was in this area (Daniel Boone national forest) for a jeep event and have wanted to make it back ever since! I really hope it works out for us!

The kids are welcome to come and there should be time for them to free ride outside of the organized member trail loop ride on Saturday but for the safety of them and the group it would be best if we kept the "group" ride all SXS it's looking like we are going to have an excellent turn out. But this is a family friendly event bring the kids along and their ATV's there is plenty of easy trails close to camp.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So after registration and lodging reservation, whats left?
Is there a permit that needs to be applied for?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hmmm 2500 miles with a trailer....maybe I could make it in 4 days?? Ha a man can dream! Hope you all have fun!

Reactions: Hondasxs
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.

@ncred02
Yes a land use permit will need to be bought also. Details on post 1. It is per machine. Not per person!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
T Flynn .
I travel with trailer grease and the grease gun!!

Reactions: Tflynn
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The website won't let me by the land use permit because the date is not prior to the end of the license year 2/29/16. may have to purchase after this date...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So after registration and lodging reservation, whats left?
Is there a permit that needs to be applied for?

If you are riding more than 3 days the annual permit is cheaper.
Note Annual Permit is good until February 28, 2017 if buying annual permit wait until AFTER March 1st 2016. The permit is a PDF file you can save and reprint as many copies as you need from home.

Trail Permits - Land access permit!
  • Only 1 permit needed per vehicle, passengers ride FREE!
  • Daily out of state permit, type 038 = $37.00
  • Daily in state permit, type 036 = $15.00
  • Annual permits are the best option if riding for 4+ days or plan to return.
  • Annual out of state permit combo, type 071+093, $130.00
  • Annual in state permit combo, type 001+093, $53.00
  • Get permits here --> Tennessee Online Hunting & Fishing License Center
  • Click Hunting or Fishing and continue till you get to the selection type page. Select the correct type # listed above. Permit is called - NR High Impact

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are riding more than 3 days the annual permit is cheaper.
Note Annual Permit is good until February 28, 2017 if buying annual permit wait until AFTER March 1st 2016. The permit is a PDF file you can save and reprint as many copies as you need from home.

Trail Permits - Land access permit!
  • Only 1 permit needed per vehicle, passengers ride FREE!
  • Daily out of state permit, type 038 = $37.00
  • Daily in state permit, type 036 = $15.00
  • Annual permits are the best option if riding for 4+ days or plan to return.
  • Annual out of state permit combo, type 071+093, $130.00
  • Annual in state permit combo, type 001+093, $53.00
  • Get permits here --> Tennessee Online Hunting & Fishing License Center
  • Click Hunting or Fishing and continue till you get to the selection type page. Select the correct type # listed above. Permit is called - NR High Impact
I couldn't even buy the day use permit. it said I had to wait until after 2/29/16

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope it rains all day on Thursday lol. It's way more fun muddy. Especially that first hill. It's very steep.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I hope it rains all day on Thursday lol. It's way more fun muddy. Especially that first hill. It's very steep.
Last time I was to Royal Blue, it was raining. Made for some great waterfalls.
I'll go for dry this time

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last time I was to Royal Blue, it was raining. Made for some great waterfalls.
I'll go for dry this time
We stayed on that one really long trail that curved around and came back to camp (can't remember the number). It would be kinda boring without mud. I'm anxious to try the other trails this time around. Would love to see the waterfalls. Maybe some Rock climbing too?

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
We stayed on that one really long trail that curved around and came back to camp (can't remember the number). It would be kinda boring without mud. I'm anxious to try the other trails this time around. Would love to see the waterfalls. Maybe some Rock climbing too?

I don't want rain... Last time I was there it snowed.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!