OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I will be getting there Thursday afternoon and am up for some more challenging stuff before the official ride.

Also, I plan to have my drone and go-pro to document the fun we are going to have. I am excited all the way around.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Im thinking of starting a thread on "what you need" for the ride.
Like tow straps, boots, gas cans. That kind of stuff. As a newbie SXS owner.I need to know from you experienced riders what I need to bring.

Reactions: Tramguage1
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Im thinking of starting a thread on "what you need" for the ride.
Like tow straps, boots, gas cans. That kind of stuff. As a newbie SXS owner.I need to know from you experienced riders what I need to bring.

This will get you started:
What's in your tool bag? | The Honda Side by Side Club!

Extra Fuel
Spare Tire and Wheel even if not mounted on SXS have one or more at base camp.
Also First aid kit
Space Blankets
Fire Starter
Water for 2 days for everyone with you
Trail mix granola bars etc.

With a group ride there is plenty of help but when you are out on your own you better have provisions to spend overnight in remote or mountainous regions.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be getting there Thursday afternoon and am up for some more challenging stuff before the official ride.

Also, I plan to have my drone and go-pro to document the fun we are going to have. I am excited all the way around.

This will get you started:
What's in your tool bag? | The Honda Side by Side Club!

Extra Fuel
Spare Tire and Wheel even if not mounted on SXS have one or more at base camp.
Also First aid kit
Space Blankets
Fire Starter
Water for 2 days for everyone with you
Trail mix granola bars etc.

With a group ride there is plenty of help but when you are out on your own you better have provisions to spend overnight in remote or mountainous regions.
I always bring a 12V air compressor and tire plugs on my Foreman. Haven't made up a tool kit for the 1000 yet.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Have a few items to get. Staring with a storage box for the rack. Then fill it with essentials

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok guys, going to make a phone call to the campground tommorow, all that is left is rustic cabins. So how are the shower\restroom facilities at the park? The wife and i are pretty well versed in roughing it. Not being from that part of the country what is the weather normally there? We will be perpaired for rain. Are helmets required? And anything special i made need Please let me know.

Thanks for the help, Mike

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok guys, going to make a phone call to the campground tommorow, all that is left is rustic cabins. So how are the shower\restroom facilities at the park? The wife and i are pretty well versed in roughing it. Not being from that part of the country what is the weather normally there? We will be perpaired for rain. Are helmets required? And anything special i made need Please let me know.

Thanks for the help, Mike

They have nice shower houses / and laundry facilities available the rustic cabins just don't have any indoor plumbing and are nice. Weather should be fine but it is the Smokey Mountains and the weather could have snow in the 30"s or it could be 60 degrees and sunny. Probably should count on some rain, it comes and goes almost without warning. Helmets are required for under 18 operating an OHV by state laws, but if they are passengers in the SXS nobody will say anything, no clear rule on that. I have been going there for over 8 years and have seen kids in full riding gear to shorts and flip flops (not recommended) on ATV's.

Edit - No helmet rules, except above it is state law, here is all there is for rules:

North Cumberland WMA Sundquist Unit Riding Area is a multi use trail system. The area is open twenty-four hours a day and camping is allowed on the entire area. At least one occupant of a vehicle must possess a valid annual hunting license along with a WMA permit or a North Cumberland Special Use Permit is required. License and permits may be purchased locally at license agents or online at www.tnwildlife.org. Public use is allowed during all hunts. During daylight hours all users outside of enclosed vehicle or outside of camp must wear, on the upper portion of their body and head, a minimum of 500 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange, visible front and back, during the deer-gun and muzzleloader seasons. Use possession or transportation of firearms, bows and arrows or other arms and ammunition is expressly prohibited except when authorized. Firearms loaded with ammunition in either the chamber or magazine may not be transported in vehicles. No person shall remove minerals, including coal, trees, plants (including vines), or building stones from the area without specific authorization. Detailed WMA and hunting regulations can be found in the current edition of the Tennessee Hunting and Trapping Guide or at www.tnwildlife.org. The area wide speed limit is 25 mph. Organized competition events for motorized/non-motorized vehicles prohibited. Reckless operation of motorized and non-motorized vehicles prohibited. Reckless operation is defined as operating a vehicle in a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger the life limb or property of any person. Maximum noise limit of 86 dBs for all motorized vehicles measured at 50 feet from the exhaust. Trails are named and numbered with signs at trail heads and confidence markers placed at half mile intervals. Trail head signs have symbols indicating trail difficulty level and user types allowed. Be aware of logging and mining activities as you travel the trails and primitive roads. -

See more at: North Cumberland OHV Riding Area - TN.Gov

Reactions: Hondasxs
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for thr reply JACKAL. Any idea on # of people locked in? Thinlk we will just wing it! Im one of those guys that start perpairing in advance. Like starting tommorow.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks for thr reply JACKAL. Any idea on # of people locked in? Thinlk we will just wing it! Im one of those guys that start perpairing in advance. Like starting tommorow.

So far 33 people with 14 Honda Pioneer SXS

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So far 33 people with 14 Honda Pioneer SXS
I will message when I have conferred our reservations.
Looking foward to meeting fellow Honda owners. Mike

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
so fellas before I make reservations how many of you guys are going to this spring ride 8th and 9th please let me know ???
Look up two posts above your question, its still early will have more once they can confirm when they are off work and who in the family is or isn't going with them.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I listed 4 in my reservation (included wife and kids), but if the weather looks poor, I will probably be on my own! My wife doesn't always share my sense of adventure... :oops:

miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
well fellas I tried twice to make reservation and no one is answering the phone tried once in the am on weds and tried today in the pm no body is picking up if the don't have any cabins left is there any where close to get rooms hate to drive 12 hours and be homeless for the weekend

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
During the winter the office is open 8am to 3pm M-F EST. However the staff are in and out working on expanding the campground. Call and leave a message they will call you back.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Well it looks like I will be seeing all of you there!! I just reserved the rustic bunk 4....check in on the 7th and check out on the 11th! I am pumped about this! Not sure yet who will all be with me but weather it's just me or more I can't wait! :D Also if any are coming early and/or leaving late I would love to hook up and ride then too!!

Reactions: randi 58
miano248

miano248

Sep 10, 2015
oceanside long island new york
well fellas looks like im out for this adventure finally got a hold of jen and theres only a few cabins left and none with indoor plumbing is there a motel/hotel near resort that's a short ride if so im willing to unload and load p500 and the end of days ride

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't remember if I confirmed my attending or not but I am coming. Probably just be the wife and I. We celebrated our 9th anniversary there last year and this will be our 10th anniversary celebration as well (March 28th is actual date which is close enough lol). Wife isn't much on roughing it so we reserved the trails end suite again. Plush carpet, huge garden tub, king size bed......you know, all the joys of rough living lmao. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Made a reservation online, they charged my CC. so guess the wife and i will be there from 7th to the 10th.
was going to tow my 5x10 trailer but NOPE the 700-4 wont fit. So going to have to drag my 16' trailer.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Reactions: Tramguage1
advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!