OVER - 2016 Spring Group Ride - Pioneer Takeover - April 8 & 9th - Royal Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
42 hour drive according to google maps and that does not include a 1.5 ferry ride or pee breaks.

Tough call...
Just bring a couple of empty milk jugs... pee break problem solved!

Reactions: Delton
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Just bring a couple of empty milk jugs... pee break problem solved!
LOL - reminds me of one of the opening scenes in Crazy Heart (a movie where Jeff Bridges plays a drunk country singer). I tried to find the clip to post here but couldn't. I thought it was a great movie - he's a good drunk :confused:

Reactions: PioneerPete
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I been using bottles to pee in while hunting since i was young. Driving and trying to pee in a bottle is really hard. I've done it a few times. I hate stopping once i get on the interstate.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We locked in accommodations for the 8th and 9th, so I guess we are coming lol. We got the trails end suite that we stayed in last time. Really nice place with tons of room. Can't wait to meet everyone and see all those Pioneers lined up.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The wife said she would be interested in going. She won't go rock climbing with me, what type of trails are there? I'll do some research.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The wife said she would be interested in going. She won't go rock climbing with me, what type of trails are there? I'll do some research.

Every kind of trail is available, the loop I have in mind does not cover any extreme rocks that scare the bejesus out of the family, but there is some steep climbs on smooth switchbacks talking 40% grade according to my GPS tracks. Run it in my Pioneer 500 with another 200 pound guy riding shotgun had to use low gear but no problems going up or down them. Primarily wooded trails some a bit more open as logging is going on the very back side of the longest perimeter trail. I ran them with my 2 yr. old grandson in a car set with 5 of us total in the P1K also no problem loaded down. Main group ride will be a family friendly run not too boring, not too scary. Time permitting I can take the more adventurous attendees on a separate run Friday or Sunday if they choose.

EDIT: I will be there from the Tuesday before all the way through Sunday in RV spot #5 (2nd spot after you check in the General Store) anyone arriving earlier in the week, I will be happy to take some alternate trail rides Wednesday through and up until before the Friday evening rides.

Last edited:
Reactions: Springer
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I could get there earlier in the week. I like challenging the machine (and myself too). I'm no daredevil but I like the occasional "oh sh*t" moment lol. It's gonna be fun no matter what the trail. Are we going to the waterfalls? I'd like to see them.

Reactions: BIGRACK and Tflynn
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wish I could get there earlier in the week. I like challenging the machine (and myself too). I'm no daredevil but I like the occasional "oh sh*t" moment lol. It's gonna be fun no matter what the trail. Are we going to the waterfalls? I'd like to see them.
Yes. Teaser Pic.
20151028 123155

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Jeez why do I keep watching this thread?? That's going to be so fun! You're making a 40 hour drive sound more and more like a better idea!

Reactions: Delton and Hondasxs
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Jeez why do I keep watching this thread?? That's going to be so fun! You're making a 40 hour drive sound more and more like a better idea!

Hopefully we can expand our venue down the road. Would love to help organize a Utah Paiute Trail Group Ride as well as an Alaska one, thing is even with all the members we have in Alaska several would still have a 20 hour drive / ferry and never leave the state :eek:

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hopefully we can expand our venue down the road. Would love to help organize a Utah Paiute Trail Group Ride as well as an Alaska one, thing is even with all the members we have in Alaska several would still have a 20 hour drive / ferry and never leave the state :eek:
Yes that would be great to be able to do it. I know membership is a bit slim west of the Mississippi, but hopefully that's going to change!

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!