R

Rawlins_88

Mar 8, 2022
Redding, California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello
New owner of 2021 honda pioneer 700-2
I installed a inferno cab heater everything went well with the install. I lost a little coolant taking off and replacing coolant line for the Hester. I topped off the radiator and made sure bottle was near up to max line. Started up the pioneer and run for a few then took for a short 3 minute ride. The temp gage was on 2 bars. Then went up to 4 bars. I shut her down immediately.
I think there might be some excessive air in system. I am thinking of opening the bleed screw on top of thermostat housing to bleed. I can't remember if you ate supposed to open it while it is off or running. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman
Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello
I installed a inferno cab heater everything went well with the install. I lost a little coolant taking off and replacing coolant line for the Hester. I topped off the radiator and made sure bottle was near up to max line. Started up the pioneer and run for a few then took for a short 3 minute ride. The temp gage was on 2 bars. Then went up to 4 bars. I shut her down immediately.
I think there might be some excessive air in system. I am thinking of opening the bleed screw on top of thermostat housing to bleed. I can't remember if you ate supposed to open it while it is off or running. Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
A lot of other posters have had the same issue with air in the system. most of them say to park the machine with the front end elevated as much as possible and it will burp the air out on its own. maybe rev it up a little off and on

1950Willys

1950Willys

Apr 4, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
3 Methods of Bleeding a Radiator

• Open the bleeder valves. Some vehicles have a radiator bleeder valve located at the top or front of the radiator. This valve is made specifically for bleeding off air that becomes trapped in the upper portion of the radiator
  • Elevate the car. Simply jacking up the front end of your vehicle lifts your radiator to a point that is higher than the rest of the cooling system. This will help force air pockets closed and dissipate air bubbles into the atmosphere. When elevating your vehicle, make sure that the radiator cap or reservoir tank cap is loose, to help speed the process
  • Start the car with the radiator cap off. One of the easiest ways to bleed your car's radiator is to simply remove the radiator cap and then start your engine. Leave the vehicle running until it reaches its normal operating temperature. It may take between 15 or 20 minutes before your car generates enough heat to push out the air that has been trapped in your car's cooling system. You may find that you need to add additional coolant, as air pockets can artificially inflate coolant levels

H

HondaTech

The issue with the Pioneer 700 heater has always been the fact its above the radiator cap.

After hooking the lines up we fill the radiator with bleeder screw off. Install the bleeder screw once the coolant comes out of the bleeder hole. Cap the radiator once its full.

Fill the hoses, install the lower hose on the heater then fill the heater through the upper hose barb. Shove the upper hose on the heater and bleed through the bleeder screw. They can be a pain, I tried to air bleed one with a heater but it wouldnt suck the hoses down enough.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the lower 47! KA dont count, different country 😂 🥳

Your First post. Looks like u got your answers By our fine patrons!
Now for first posters….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
of the machine

Reactions: Lady01 and Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!