P1000 Rough Country electric tilt windshield

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone -

I’m brand new to the forum and Honda Pioneer ownership! I take delivery of a shale blue 1000-5 on Saturday. I’m going to get the Honda OEM roof at a dealer discount when I take delivery. I am looking at windshields next, and I’m considering the SuperATV flip up or the Rough Country electric tilt windshield. Lots of love for the SuperATV which is very comforting, but that Rough Country looks really nice too. I’m not finding any reviews or first-hand user experiences with it, which has me a little nervous about taking the plunge. I’d like to hear of any problems with fitment or overall quality, really anything. If any of you have experience with it please share your thoughts.

Electric Tilt Windshield | Glass | Honda Pioneer 1000/1000-5

Thanks everyone and I am looking forward to participating in the forum!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone -

I’m brand new to the forum and Honda Pioneer ownership! I take delivery of a shale blue 1000-5 on Saturday. I’m going to get the Honda OEM roof at a dealer discount when I take delivery. I am looking at windshields next, and I’m considering the SuperATV flip up or the Rough Country electric tilt windshield. Lots of love for the SuperATV which is very comforting, but that Rough Country looks really nice too. I’m not finding any reviews or first-hand user experiences with it, which has me a little nervous about taking the plunge. I’d like to hear of any problems with fitment or overall quality, really anything. If any of you have experience with it please share your thoughts.

Electric Tilt Windshield | Glass | Honda Pioneer 1000/1000-5

Thanks everyone and I am looking forward to participating in the forum!
Be sure and look at the SuperATV MaxDrive Power Flip electric windshield too. Just installed one a few weeks ago on my 24 1000-5 deluxe and love it. Can get it through the club store as @Hondasxs is an authorized Super ATV dealer and can get you a decent discount.

20240316 105115

20240316 105300

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rough Country is starting to come out with a ton of cool stuff. They don't have a ton of use yet on the pioneer since most of their pioneer products are fairly recent. I have had great personal experience with their automotive offerings. I do have the rough country bed extender that I like alot.

I have the SuperATV flip up (non power) and love it. I have had not issues whatsoever with it.

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be sure and look at the SuperATV MaxDrive Power Flip electric windshield too. Just installed one a few weeks ago on my 24 1000-5 deluxe and love it. Can get it through the club store as @Hondasxs is an authorized Super ATV dealer and can get you a decent discount.

View attachment 424258
View attachment 424259
Thanks, Jackal! That does look nice. I got in contact with the store and they offered a discount, but also indicated that the windshield won’t work with the Honda oem roof. I know the SuperATV site says this (about the manual flip too) but many folks seem to be running them anyway with the oem roof. Its kind of confusing for a newbie like me trying to buy but make sure fitment isn’t an issue.

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, Jackal! That does look nice. I got in contact with the store and they offered a discount, but also indicated that the windshield won’t work with the Honda oem roof. I know the SuperATV site says this (about the manual flip too) but many folks seem to be running them anyway with the oem roof. Its kind of confusing for a newbie like me trying to buy but make sure fitment isn’t an issue.

You would think @SuperATV would figure out something 🤔. Atleast send ya some stickers 🙄🤣

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The way the SuperATV windshield clamps and OEM roof clamps work, may very well be incompatible in the front corners. I used the tinted roof from SuperATV this time, and no issues of course.

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! It’s be great if anyone running both a Honda oem roof with the superatv flip could show how the brackets between the two interact and any solutions to problems. Also, I hear that the windshield will hit the Honda oem roof if fully open. Has anyone experienced this and had to trim? If so, how much and was it tricky?

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You would think @SuperATV would figure out something 🤔. Atleast send ya some stickers 🙄🤣
I know it can be made to work pretty easily. Not sure what they had to do or move around to make it work, but there are a ton of guys running it.

But.......as far as fitments on the website...
Most of the time I just make stuff up to make things difficult.

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone for your helpful comments! It’s be great if anyone running both a Honda oem roof with the superatv flip could show how the brackets between the two interact and any solutions to problems. Also, I hear that the windshield will hit the Honda oem roof if fully open. Has anyone experienced this and had to trim? If so, how much and was it tricky?
I can run out and take some photos if you want. Exactly what photos would you like?

Our 23 P1000-5 has the Honda roof and SuperATV (scratch that, copy of SATV version) manual flip up windshield. No installation issues to speak of. No trimming etc needed.

This is the off brand we ordered. I believe it’s a sightly lower quality version built just like the SATV. It matches the true SATV version we had on the 700.

Last edited:
P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can run out and take some photos if you want. Exactly what photos would you like?

Our 23 P1000-5 has the Honda roof and SuperATV (scratch that, copy of SATV version) manual flip up windshield. No installation issues to speak of. No trimming etc needed.

This is the off brand we ordered. I believe it’s a sightly lower quality version built just like the SATV. It matches the true SATV version we had on the 700.
That’s very kind of you! I guess photos of the clamps showing how the roof and windshield clamp location works. And maybe one showing the open windshield and its clearance against the roof? I mean, I take your word that yours is working no issues, but those are the areas I’m hearing create issues. Thanks again!

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s very kind of you! I guess photos of the clamps showing how the roof and windshield clamp location works. And maybe one showing the open windshield and its clearance against the roof? I mean, I take your word that yours is working no issues, but those are the areas I’m hearing create issues. Thanks again!
IMG 0096
IMG 0098
IMG 0099
IMG 0100
IMG 0101
IMG 0105
IMG 0108

Not a problem. Just tricky to get decent ones with the lighting.

Recently added the LED strip lights (for truck bed). They work well for a dome light. Saw it on YouTube and copied.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I had to trim a little off my Honda one roof for the superatv flip up. It hit the roof by about 1/4” when it was all the way up.

I drew a line to follow, and cut it with a sawzall. Then just used a razor blade to clean it up a little.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!