P700 Safety net clip

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Image Image Image I've managed to not unsnap the safety net clip attached to the bed prior to dumping the bed and broke the plastic clip. There are more than several of these type clips used on all 4 nets and appears they where designed to be replaceable. The problem I have is I can't find them on parts fish nor can I find anything on the Internet. I called my dealer and they are having trouble finding them, only thing they offered so far is to sell me a whole net. I'm not gonna accept buying a new net every time I break one of these cheesy clips it would make more sense to buy a pack of like 5 and just fix em as I break them. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know the part number?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have you thought about looking at a hardware store for metal clips? Like a small carabiner style? Then you wouldn't have to worry about breaking them anymore. Like this-

Reactions: Harman24630
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Probably what I'll end up doing because it's just a matter of time before I break the plastic piece sewn into the net to... I think they're dorky and in the way most of the time. The one on my side has been rolled up since I bought it but my wife and kids like em because they don't like getting switched in the face.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Some old hiking and camping equipment have an exact fit on them. I have 3 extras because I did the exact same thing as you and dumped my bed with the nets fully attached. If you will loosen the top cam buckles and undo the front large plastic buckle/snap you can dump the bed with the nets attached. Really believe u can just unsap large plastic buckle and be ok.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Some old hiking and camping equipment have an exact fit on them. I have 3 extras because I did the exact same thing as you and dumped my bed with the nets fully attached. If you will loosen the top cam buckles and undo the front large plastic buckle/snap you can dump the bed with the nets attached. Really believe u can just unsap large plastic buckle and be ok.
I unhooked the front buckle one when this happened but a piece of firewood caught it I suspect

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Have you thought about looking at a hardware store for metal clips? Like a small carabiner style? Then you wouldn't have to worry about breaking them anymore. Like this-
View attachment 15075
Thanks they're Perfect!!! They're blue, they don't get caught on the seat latch like the plastic ones, the nets tighter, & they where $0.99 for 2.

Reactions: Tflynn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not going to lie I think that's better then factory. Nice idea @Tflynn

Reactions: Tflynn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That was the biggest thing I hated about the nets and ultimately led to thier demise. Such an easy fix. It's nice to get useful information on this site

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!