P500 Took delivery of New P 520 Concerned!

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The issue is not that the P500/520 is an antiquate machine.

The issue is Honda quality control, it has gone off the rails.
I have no doubt Yamaha builds great products. Maybe it is brand loyalty for me. I started with Honda back in the 1970's with a Honda 50cc motor bike. Then in the 90's with the Honda Fourtrax 300, I bought two of them. I have never been sorry about any of those purchases. The HP1K-3 I now own is amazing. I am so impressed and glad I got it. Would I ever buy a Yamaha someday? I doubt it, but my dealer sells Yamaha also..

Reactions: Buggyman
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have no doubt Yamaha builds great products. Maybe it is brand loyalty for me. I started with Honda back in the 1970's with a Honda 50cc motor bike. Then in the 90's with the Honda Fourtrax 300, I bought two of them. I have never been sorry about any of those purchases. The HP1K-3 I now own is amazing. I am so impressed and glad I got it. Would I ever buy a Yamaha someday? I doubt it, but my dealer sells Yamaha also..
I get it, I have been a Honda addict my entire adult life. This is why I am being critical of them. I would hate to see them go down a path that people buy their products for loyalty, not quality.

Hondas' guiding principle from day one from Mr. Honda was the "3 Joys".

I would very much like them to stay that path and not go Jeep/Chrysler on us.

Last edited:
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Mine had quite a few issues when I got it last year. We've talked about build issues before. Mine was missing two bolts for the skid plate and missing two bolts for the ROPS that connect right behind the seat. Hard to believe that everyone missed those not being there when I picked it up.

The rest of the machine has been bullet proof.

Rob

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mine had quite a few issues when I got it last year. We've talked about build issues before. Mine was missing two bolts for the skid plate and missing two bolts for the ROPS that connect right behind the seat. Hard to believe that everyone missed those not being there when I picked it up.

The rest of the machine has been bullet proof.

Rob
That sounds like a dealer assembly issue.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
That sounds like a dealer assembly issue.
I would totally agree. I’m sure the ROPS was the dealer fault. I have no idea if they put the skid plates on prior to delivery at the dealership.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!